Question Protected Folder/ Ransomeware Protection not removing specific items

akaikisaki

Distinguished
May 16, 2014
Hello,

First the Screenshot:

View: https://imgur.com/HJDnYUH

While I'm able to remove most of them, I am not able to remove these Drive (E)s. The remove button is there, however, pressing it doesn't remove them.

Also, I have noticed that these are the Installer files which I added manually to the list. However, for some reason, the full path or the File name is not displayed, like steam.exe, D:\ Steam.

Can anyone help me with removing this.

Thank you

Ralston18

Titan
Why/how are you manually adding installer files to the list?

When you press the "remove button" what error messages or pop-up Windows do you get?

Open Disk Management, expand the window to show Disks and Partitions. Take a screenshot and post here using imgur.

akaikisaki

Distinguished
May 16, 2014
Why/how are you manually adding installer files to the list?

When you press the "remove button" what error messages or pop-up Windows do you get?

Open Disk Management, expand the window to show Disks and Partitions. Take a screenshot and post here using imgur.

1). Because the Ransomeware protection won't let the apps to make changes then. For eg:, most of the games keep the save files in the C:/Users/Documents section, and it is protected by Ransomeware protection. If I do not allow that particular game as an exception, then it won't save and every time I open the game, it will start from Level 0. The same with apps like Steam, Davinci Resolve, etc. Also, there are few installers which creates a temp folder during the installation process and gets blocked by the protection. In order to install them, I have to add their Installation files manually too.

I add those files manually by opening the ransomeware protection, browsing the particular exe file, and add it.

2). It doesn't give any error message or any kind of message. It just remains like that. The animation shows that the remove button has been clicked (it is not greyed out or something). However, it won't remove.

3). Here you go:
View: https://imgur.com/c2ovsyk

akaikisaki

Distinguished
May 16, 2014
What are you using for protection? Windows Defender with the inbuilt Ransomeware protection turned on.

Why are you not allowing particular games to be an exception? I didn't say this. I said I have to add them as exception so that they can create save files.