Protective covering for LCD

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
My dad wants to buy an LCD for my little brothers soon, only problem is they're 6 and 3, so I'm positive within a few months the screen will be trashed. What kind of protective coverings are there for lcd's out there (that don't distort image of course) and how good are they?

My frog asked me for a straw...dunno what happened his ass all over the place :eek:

NoTiG

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002
I haven't seen any, but if i was going to leave a 3 year old kid with an LCD monitor i would make a box to put it in, a plexi glass box or something.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Well nothing that extreme, just perhaps a panel I could put in front of the lcd that attaches to it (like this radiation guards for the crt's, except totally clear).

My frog asked me for a straw...dunno what happened his ass all over the place :eek:

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
go get an LCD monitor where the manufacturer builds and sells their own LCD protection stuff. I believe Viewsonic does that but last time I looked they only built LCD protective stuff for 2 of their models. I'm also looking for the same stuff for my VG191B but can't find any...and if I can remember LCD protective "stuff" are just clear, flexible plastic like glass that you apply to the screen. it doesn't clamp onto your monitor like those that are used for CRTs so I am guessing most LCD monitors have protective "coating" of some sort already but not child-proof though