Protein Folding - Team 40051 - A Good Deed

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Ok, you have my Athlon 64 power. God knows when this WU will be done.

Good bye 130SETI WU :frown:

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
Welcome aboard Ned Flanders! :smile:

What is happening over at SETI? I was just talking to someone on the IRC chat (StoneNewt). He works at a British Astronomy/Astrophysics Lab.. You might want to say hello.. He's a computer techie there.

The loving are the daring!

I should be able to really pump out some WU, I have 3 PC's at home :lol:

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Nice one ned.

And poobaa thunders ahead to position 45 with 1637 points :smile:

<b>For those who are wondering, I am NOT anti-religion. It is just that most religions have more plot holes than your typical Arnold Schwarzenegger movie.
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>

sparky853

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
Having a good day today. 1200 points so far today, and I have another 600 pointer finishing early evening. :smile:

Gonna pull ahead by 14 points if you don't turn in any more WUs before then.

<b>GO SPARKY GO!!!!</b> :tongue:

XP2800+, Abit NF7, 1GB Dual-Channel DDR333, ATI R9800PRO 128MB, TT PurePower 420W, LG DVD+-R/RW

stefan

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
jep!
me, I managed to send in a batch, too!
I hope, it's still getting counted for jan.! It will be a month to remember, don't you think? - I hope, we're going to be able to match this score again!!

sparky853

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
I am trying to set up F@H on a win98se machine in service mode, but when in the ms-dos prompt in -configonly mode, it starts benchmarking and downloading, and when I close the dos window, fahcore shuts down.

Is there an easy way to set it to run in service mode? Am I just missing something??

XP2800+, Abit NF7, 1GB Dual-Channel DDR333, ATI R9800PRO 128MB, TT PurePower 420W, LG DVD+-R/RW

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
Not sure about "service" mode. When I close my console in XP it shuts down the core. I think that's the way its supposed to work.

I have it running on a crummy PCI card and it wouldn't do the gui although its an XP2500 mobile OC from 1866->2300Mhz.

endyen

Splendid
I do have a few more points coming in today. My production is down a little though. I will try to keep up, but you are setting a good pace. Oh well, if I am after you and apesoccer, that's enough. Dont expect me to slack off. I'll chew your heels if I have to.
By the way, Great folding. KUTGW.

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
Hi Everyone,

I'd like you all to say hello to a new friend from Germany. I wrote up this "Spiel" on the German Toms and <b>"de_hamati"</b> said he's going to join us! He's got a couple of machines that might be contributing.

So if you'd like to say hello or send a thank you u can sign up and reply to this thread: <A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.de/cgi-bin/community/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=occpu&Number=188438&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&vc=1#Post188438" target="_new">http://www.tomshardware.de/cgi-bin/community/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=occpu&Number=188438&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&vc=1#Post188438</A>

I had the initial invitation tranlated then used a <A HREF="http://www.freetranslation.com/" target="_new"> Free Online Translator</A> for the follow up. Hope he's laughing. :lol:

I asked the German fellows to sign up with a <b>de_</b> prefix. That way they can race us if they get enough people.

sparky853

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
I'm just trying to keep up :S Seems the more I produce, the more I have to produce to stay on top....But thats what a friendly competition is all about...and it drives out point total up even further.

Watch out though, my Cel 400 with 32MB PC-100 SD-RAM is almost online.... MMUUHHAHAHAHAHAHA

:eek:

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
Love what you guys are doing! Please keep kicking butt. hehe.. Ok,, keep contributing..the points all count.

We've had a superb month. More than anything else the new members we've added are really impressive. Don't forget we've added people throughout the entire month so that if they stick with us then production should be even better.

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
<b>Members Changed: +2, Total 79</b> Welcome "Ned Flanders" and "acron1".

<b>Kudos</b>

It's hard to keep track of this one. And more difficult with so many new members. So if I missed anyone I'm sorry :smile: :

sjonnie ________ 80,000
Xnilf __________ 30,000

<b>Project Rank: 289</b> of 35,000. We'd very much enjoy your company as we climb the ranks.

We need you to <b>think of creative ways</b> to add new members. I think I our first recruit from Tomshardware.de will be kicking in soon; look for de_hamati.
Hopefully we can get a competition going.

<b>BLOG</b>

We're still chasing Team "FRM". Those guys passed us over a month ago. We have the average on them now but they are still 2 days away. Looking behind us, I don't see anyone that's a threat.

------------------------------------------------------
<b>!!! YEAH TEAM !!! KICK BUTT AND KEEP FOLDING !!! GO TEAM GO !!!</b>
------------------------------------------------------

<b>Join Team 40051</b>
If you want to join us we're <b>Team 40051</b>@ <A HREF="http://folding.stanford.edu" target="_new">http://folding.stanford.edu</A> Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration

sparky853

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
Just to let you know, we posted a day high record with 15,301 points yesterday (Jan 31).

<b>WAY TO GO TEAM!!</b>

Also, I was ahead of "me", if only for a couple hours :eek:

sparky853

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
Its not a big deal anyways, its only a 400MHz Cel with 32MB PC-100 SDRAM.

Check out some early pics <A HREF="http://www.jb-computers.ca/scannerPC.htm" target="_new">here</A>.

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
<b> 15,301 Points!!! Like Sparky says.. A new 1 day record
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ !!! GO TEAM GO !!! _ _ _ _ _ _ _ </b>

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
I went and thanked him for his contribution. I also posted the invitiation in some other places. Hopefully these are more popular than the Overclocker forum.

endyen

Splendid
It looks like the struggle for third has heated up a bit. The three contestants have put in over 10K points so far this week. Wonder who will crack first. Certainly such a fevered pitch cant be kept up for long.
me

endyen

Splendid
The problem with that is, we would have twice as many rigs, but a tough go not falling behind. Sjonnie is our main man. On the other hand, if I throw in with chipdeath, we could eat you.
By the way just a few hundred (520) till you make the top 10K. Great work!!