News Prototype Core i9-13900K Raptor Lake Chip Blasts Off To 5.77GHz

I wanna see power figures for those speeds. Same with AMD, mind you.

With Alder Lake Intel got parity (if not a tad more efficient) on games and other lower threaded applications, but this increase in clocks make me think they'll go back a bit. Also, AMD went up in power, so I'm most curious how the two new gens will compare to the 5800X3D, as I think, for gamers at least, is the CPU to beat in lower threaded content (efficiency wise).

Regards.

Reactions: Why_Me

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020

With Alder Lake Intel got parity (if not a tad more efficient) on games and other lower threaded applications, but this increase in clocks make me think they'll go back a bit. Also, AMD went up in power, so I'm most curious how the two new gens will compare to the 5800X3D, as I think, for gamers at least, is the CPU to beat in lower threaded content (efficiency wise).

Regards.
May be 350W to get there. :rolleyes:

Intel Core i9-13900K Raptor Lake CPU With 5.8 GHz Boost Clock, 350W "Unlimited Power Setting" Up To 67% Faster Than AMD Ryzen 9 5950X In Cinebench (wccftech.com)

if it's +1 Ghz but going with +150w of power consumption and heat, I don't call it a progress.
What do you call it then, if the previous gen got =0Mhz with +150W and this one gets +1Ghz with +150W.
A chip being able to handle more power without breaking needs a lot of progress, just look at how long TSMC took to finally be able to make a chip that can handle high power.

Also "unlimited" is not default it's automated overclocking, that's for the WCtech article.
40% more power for 14% more multithread...that's a setting for overclockers to geek out over it's not something a common user would do for 24/7.
The exact test configuration wasn't revealed but OneRaichu tested the chips with two profiles, one with the standard "Limited Power" and the other with the "Unlimited Power" setting. Using the first setting, the chip achieved a single-core score of 2290 points and a multi-core score of 35,693 points with a maximum power draw of 253W. The "Unlimited Power" setting removes all shackles & offers the full potential of the CPU. With the new profile, the Intel Core i9-13900K Raptor Lake CPU posted a single-core score of 2288 points which is the same as the first setting but it's the multi-thread CPU score that saw a huge boost. The Cinebench R23 multi-thread score jumped to 40,616 points, that's a 14% boost over the standard power profile.

Regards.

Same here! But one thing's for sure, Intel will be forced to keep power requirements within the general limits of Alder Lake, since these new processors will need to be compatible with current 600 series motherboards.

But, when unlocking all the power limits, who knows. lol