provision

shaharhada

Reputable
Jul 27, 2020
In the text:
Electronic invoice feeds from your carriers can be automatically downloaded directly into the core of the telecom expense management (TEM) software and it will immediately conduct an audit of each single line item charge all the way down to the User Support and Operations Center (USOC) level. The provisioning software will capture each circuit number provided by all of your carries and if billing occurs outside of the contracted rate on exception rule will trigger a red flag and notify the pre-established staff member to review the billing error.
(From:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provisioning_(telecommunications))
I don't understand the underlined text?
Can somebody, please, explain to me?

kanewolf

Titan
In the text:
Electronic invoice feeds from your carriers can be automatically downloaded directly into the core of the telecom expense management (TEM) software and it will immediately conduct an audit of each single line item charge all the way down to the User Support and Operations Center (USOC) level. The provisioning software will capture each circuit number provided by all of your carries and if billing occurs outside of the contracted rate on exception rule will trigger a red flag and notify the pre-established staff member to review the billing error.
(From:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provisioning_(telecommunications))
I don't understand the underlined text?
Can somebody, please, explain to me?
The underlined text is saying that there is software available that will compare actual billing of telecom services against the contracted rate. If the billed amount exceeds the contracted amount then humans are notified to investigate. This would be useful for a business that has 100s or 1000s of cell phones for the employees. So there are 100s or 1000s of bills to verify.

Reactions: shaharhada

shaharhada

Reputable
Jul 27, 2020
The underlined text is saying that there is software available that will compare actual billing of telecom services against the contracted rate. If the billed amount exceeds the contracted amount then humans are notified to investigate. This would be useful for a business that has 100s or 1000s of cell phones for the employees. So there are 100s or 1000s of bills to verify.
what are contracted rate & contracted amount?

shaharhada

Reputable
Jul 27, 2020
The written contract that the business has with the telecom provider that specifies the agreed cost of the service. Contracted rate and contracted amount may be the same thing. It would depend on the specific language in the contract.
I still not under your previous relay. Can you repeat on it using other words, please?

kanewolf

Titan
I still not under your previous relay. Can you repeat on it using other words, please?
When a business needs a service, such as multiple cell phones or multiple business phone lines, they have an agreement (contract) with a provider. That contract specifies all the services that will be provided and the cost per phone (cellular or land-line) that the business pays. The cost per phone would be the "rate". The contract may allow the business to order more phone lines at the same price per phone.

shaharhada

Reputable
Jul 27, 2020
When a business needs a service, such as multiple cell phones or multiple business phone lines, they have an agreement (contract) with a provider. That contract specifies all the services that will be provided and the cost per phone (cellular or land-line) that the business pays. The cost per phone would be the "rate". The contract may allow the business to order more phone lines at the same price per phone.
O.K.
2 question:
  1. What is billing error?
  2. What is carried?
(In the underlined text)

kanewolf

Titan
O.K.
2 question:
  1. What is billing error?
  2. What is carried?
(In the underlined text)
Billing error -- The provider sending a bill with a value that is different than the agreed cost.
Carried -- The provided service from the carrier. Carrier is a generic term for a telecom provider. A "cellular carrier" would be AT&T or Verizon in the US, Vodafone in the UK for example.

Reactions: shaharhada

shaharhada

Reputable
Jul 27, 2020
Billing error -- The provider sending a bill with a value that is different than the agreed cost.
Carried -- The provided service from the carrier. Carrier is a generic term for a telecom provider. A "cellular carrier" would be AT&T or Verizon in the US, Vodafone in the UK for example.
Nice. Thank a lot.