Question Proxmox Through Debian

Niko1245

Distinguished
May 13, 2016
Hey

I am having some trouble installing Proxmox through Debian 12 instead of using ProxmoxISO.
The reason I am not using ProxMoxISO is because when I try installing Proxmox through ProxMoxISO, Debian only gets allocated 30GB,
while the virtual machines get the remaining 1.9TB. I couldn't see or find a way to change this during the install process.
This lead me to trying to install Proxmox Through Debian.

Here are my servers parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/niko1245/saved/#view=3PXcMp
As you can see the CPU does not have integrated graphics so I was going to use a GPU for that.

I was originally trying with a PNY GTX 650 TI but when I ran the install commands for Proxmox I kept getting errors saying the nvidia drivers were not installed even though I installed them.

After trying to install the drivers a few more times I gave up with the Nvidia gpu and decided to try another old card I had laying around.
An AMD FirePro W4100. I didn't want to use this card because its half height, not that I really planed on settling with either of these cards due to the low VRAM anyways but I needed to make sure it would work before spending money on a better card.
The AMD card ran all the commands for installation and then Proxmox said it was running and I got excited unfortunately only to run into it not being able to connect through the web interface.

Can anyone help me out? If you need more info just ask and I will provide the best I can.

Side question, would an Intel Arc Card work with Proxmox? I couldn't find any examples of people using the two together but I was thinking about getting one for the AV1 encoding and it would be a nice 2 birds with 1 stone if I could get some confirmation on it working with Proxmox.