Proxy setting???? Please Help

Al

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to set proxy setting for group policy in windows 2000 server. I need
to know where to go in GP to set proxy setting and to set up bypass proxy settings.

Please Help me.

Thank you very much for you help.

Al

my windows is dutch so there could be a small difference in the translation
user settings > windows settings > internet explorer stuff > connection >
proxy settings.
succes
Omko

"AL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to figure out how to set proxy setting for group policy in
windows 2000 server. I need
> to know where to go in GP to set proxy setting and to set up bypass proxy
settings.

> Please Help me.
>
> Thank you very much for you help.
>
> Al

Dirk

Hi omko,

That's ok so far.
But when I change the proxy settings, the address will not be fixed after I
log off an back on again.
Is there a chance to set the proxy settings - and the startup page as well -
to a default, everytime a user logs on?

Dirk

"omko h" <omkoh@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> my windows is dutch so there could be a small difference in the
translation
> user settings > windows settings > internet explorer stuff > connection >
> proxy settings.
> succes
> Omko
>

> "AL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to figure out how to set proxy setting for group policy in
> windows 2000 server. I need
> > to know where to go in GP to set proxy setting and to set up bypass
proxy
> settings.
> >
> > Please Help me.
> >
> > Thank you very much for you help.
> >
> > Al

I think you are doing something wrong......
make sure you set the proxy settings in the GPO this is applied last.
you can use gpresult to see which policys are applied
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/existing/gpresult-o.asp
greets Omko

"omko h" <omkoh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<#hc8ZCyNEHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> I think you are doing something wrong......
> make sure you set the proxy settings in the GPO this is applied last.
> you can use gpresult to see which policys are applied
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/existing/gpresult-o.asp
> greets Omko
>

> "Dirk" <dirk.gringel@info-systeme.com.nospam> schreef in bericht
> > Hi omko,
> >
> > That's ok so far.
> > But when I change the proxy settings, the address will not be fixed after
> > log off an back on again.
> > Is there a chance to set the proxy settings - and the startup page as
> well -
> > to a default, everytime a user logs on?
> >
> > Dirk
> >
> > "omko h" <omkoh@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > my windows is dutch so there could be a small difference in the
> translation
> > > user settings > windows settings > internet explorer stuff > connection
>
> > > proxy settings.
> > > succes
> > > Omko
> > >

> > > "AL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht

> windows 2000 server. I need
> proxy
> settings.

Al,

if you are making modifications to a workstation that is assigned to a
managed environment, your local changes to the proxy list will be
overridden periodically by the ie maintenance settings gpo. you have
to make your changes to the gpo. open gpedit.msc editor and make your
changes in the following area.
the settings can be made in 2 places within your ie maintenance
settings gpo. look under User Configuration, Windows Settings,
Internet Explorer Maintenance, Connection. On the right of the screen,
make your changes under the connection settings option ONLY! on the
popup screen, select import the current connection settings. this will
take you into the familiar internet options connection popup. make
your exceptions under the LAN settings button. if you make the
changes to the proxy exceptions list using the Proxy settings option,
you will be limited to 256 characters in the exception list window.
this can cause problems for you later if you have multiple entries.

i hope this helps you.

- Thom