Ps/2 Keyboard not enough power. Wtd?

Isaac R

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014
Thing is I have bougt a ps/2 keyboard, and I have an adapter for it to work with a usb 2,0 port.
And also have a ps/2 port in my pc too.
But the problem is im sure its not receiving enough power. The keyboard led lights flashes for a brief second and then no power at all no matter what. I read its cause its underpowered.

MB: ASUSTeK C
Product : M5A97 LE R2.0
Version : Rev 1.xx

How can i get it powered correctly?
Change the voltage somehow? I didnt find the exact setting in bios. Didnt know what to look for, looked for a ps/2 setting or a something like that but its not there.

Solution
PS/2 adapters are okay on a mouse but rarely work on keyboards in my experience. I had the same problem, ended up having to buy a native PS/2 keyboard (ie one that doesn't need adapter). You can still find them online, eg Amazon. I bought 2 because eventually they'll become as rare as hens teeth.
PS/2 adapters are okay on a mouse but rarely work on keyboards in my experience. I had the same problem, ended up having to buy a native PS/2 keyboard (ie one that doesn't need adapter). You can still find them online, eg Amazon. I bought 2 because eventually they'll become as rare as hens teeth.

Solution

Isaac R

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014
I have tried to put the ps/2 directly in the motherboards connection, without the adapter still it doesnt get the right amount of power. Its a OLD version keyboard with ps/2 native connection.
Im sure its a qustion about voltage/power.
Do you have any kind of solution for changing the voltage for the keyboard/ps2 port Phillip?