[SOLVED] Ps2 keyboard not working on Windows 10

Feb 8, 2021
I have a weird issue with my keyboard. I found an old IBM model M like keyboard and I love it, but it's not working on my windows 10 computer.
When the computer boot all the lights (Num Lock, Caps Lock, Scroll) turn on and never changed and the keys don't work or affect the lights.

My Keyboard uses a Dim5 to Ps2 cable, wich is plug into the ps2 port of my motherboard (MSI b450).

I've tried another ps2 keyboard and it's working, and my keyboard plus the dim5/ps2 cable are working on an old computer I have at home (Win Xp I think)

Does anyone have any idea how I can use it on my new computer? Thanks a lot

Solution
Just two quick thoughts. Your mobo probabaly has TWO PS/2 ports, and usually they are designated as keyboard and mouse. I don't know it it really makes any difference which port you use for the keyboard.

Secondly, you might try removing the Keyboard device driver in Device Manager. Then unplug the keyboard and reboot so it finds no such device. Then plug it back into the correct port and let it find and load the driver again, in case that helps.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Just out of curiosity, which BIOS version are you working with for your motherboard? You might want to see if a friend or neighbor with the same motherboard as you happens to have the same issue as you if the keyboard with the adapter(convertor) is plugged into their motherboard.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Just two quick thoughts. Your mobo probabaly has TWO PS/2 ports, and usually they are designated as keyboard and mouse. I don't know it it really makes any difference which port you use for the keyboard.

Secondly, you might try removing the Keyboard device driver in Device Manager. Then unplug the keyboard and reboot so it finds no such device. Then plug it back into the correct port and let it find and load the driver again, in case that helps.

Solution
Feb 8, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Just out of curiosity, which BIOS version are you working with for your motherboard? You might want to see if a friend or neighbor with the same motherboard as you happens to have the same issue as you if the keyboard with the adapter(convertor) is plugged into their motherboard.
Thank you,
it's written MSI Click Bios 5

Feb 8, 2021

I only have one ps2 port on my mobo, I'm gonna try thank you

Your bios could also have USB keyboard legacy or PS/2 options that you could enable or disable to see if that changes anything.
8YRtyDv.jpeg