PS3 Expected To Remain The Main Force Behind Blu-ray Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcwbnimble

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
I'm sorry but the EMA is just a bunch of idiots crunching numbers and putting out a report to make themselves look important. There numbers just don't make sense; "According to the EMA, 49% of our movie budget goes to home video, 25% cable TV,". That's just plain idiotic. My monthly cable bill (minus ISP fees) is $60. I'm supposedly spending twice that on home movies each month?

Here's another one; :Of the total $310 the average person is spending, $116 goes to home videos, $56 to consumer Internet content, $52 to music, $37 to the box office, $36 to video games and $13 to mobile content." $37 for going to the movies? That doesn't even cover one trip for my family of four, yet that's the amount I supposedly spend over an entire year? And the $36 for video games? That's not even one title for the a PS3, PC, or even the Wii.

These number are totally useless as the EMA has reported them. We all know that taking total sales and dividing it by the countries population is just plain useless. Grandpa Joe and old Uncle Harry just don't go to the movies, let alone buy online music or video games. They need to do some demographic studies and find out which segments of the population are buying what, and then do their statistical analysis.

As sandmanwn mentions above, blueray will never take off as long as the PS3 remains the only high sales volume player. Until the price of a stand alone BD player comes down to $100, nobody that buys DVDs now can justify the $400 price tag just to get HD content. In fact, most people I know don't have HD sets yet and therefore can't even take advantage of an HD player.

Sorry EMA, you just wasted out time.

Status
Not open for further replies.