Ps3 external hard drive

Sooblover

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
Hi I'm having problems with my external hard drive and my PS3. I have converted the whole drive to mbr and formatted 2Tb of the drive into Fat32. It is desktop model so has its own power supply. For some reason my Ps3 will not see it. If I go into miniman or whatever it will show the hard drive under my music and movies but if I go to copy
A game to it, I can't see it in the storage area. Just the Ps3 drive. What do I do? Do I have to add anything to the drive? ie: some kinda folders or something

Solution
Welcome to the TH community, @Sooblover!

Since you are able to see all your other media files, but not the game you attempt to transfer onto the external, I'd say that there's nothing concerning about this really. PlayStation allows you to use the external drive only for media files and backups of non-DRM protected content. You won't be able to transfer games onto it or play them from the external HDD.

If you need bigger storage for your PS3 games, I'd advise you to consider upgrading your internal HDD to a bigger capacity drive. For more details on that, I'd advise you to turn to the console manufacturer's official knowledge base.

Good luck! Hope this was helpful.
SuperSoph_WD :)
Welcome to the TH community, @Sooblover!

Since you are able to see all your other media files, but not the game you attempt to transfer onto the external, I'd say that there's nothing concerning about this really. PlayStation allows you to use the external drive only for media files and backups of non-DRM protected content. You won't be able to transfer games onto it or play them from the external HDD.

If you need bigger storage for your PS3 games, I'd advise you to consider upgrading your internal HDD to a bigger capacity drive. For more details on that, I'd advise you to turn to the console manufacturer's official knowledge base.

Good luck! Hope this was helpful.
SuperSoph_WD :)

Solution

Latest posts