PS3 FW 3.30 Live, Preps Consoles for 3D Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
i well pr newer going to care for 3d glasses and such. but where the hell did that ps3 thing go where you had 2 diods on your head and the ps3 eye trackt your movements so it locked like your looking frue a glas window, its one of the coolest thing ive ewer seen if they implement it in pcgames or ps3 ill get it the same day.

2zao

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
hacked version with linux compatibility wont take long to get here... didnt take long for the last update to get hacked for linux support...

G

I don't understand why there is a need to update a system to prepare it for another update. whould it be better to only update it one time with all the functionalities?

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
All i'm wondering is how can the PS3 support 3D??? I heard that it needs a HDMI 1.4 cable for all the info to go thru at 1080p. Could this mean that only games running 720p will work with 3D but not 1080p blu-ray movies?

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
[citation][nom]mouettus[/nom]will it play 3d blu-rays as well? we would only have to plug the glasses into the usb ports...?[/citation]
I assume the glasses would be bluetooth and would work wirelessly. USB ports would only be used for charging.

juliom

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
[citation][nom]juliom[/nom]The PS3's performance will tank in 3D mode. It has what a 4/5 year GPU in it![/citation]

Unless it's only used in Blu-Ray movies... And here we go, Sony forgeting once again that the PS3 should be a gaming machine.

gerohmygosh

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]juliom[/nom]Unless it's only used in Blu-Ray movies... And here we go, Sony forgeting once again that the PS3 should be a gaming machine.[/citation]
Computers were made only for computing back then, guess we should have left it as just that as well. If the PS3 had it's Blu-ray player locked, I'm sure many people would feel ripped off.

tobyevers

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
[citation][nom]gerohmygosh[/nom]Computers were made only for computing back then, guess we should have left it as just that as well. If the PS3 had it's Blu-ray player locked, I'm sure many people would feel ripped off.[/citation] If a standard blu-ray player can play a 3-d movie with a firmware update, im pretty sure the ps3 can handle it. Old or otherwise, the cell processor still has plenty of grunt

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
If HDMI 1.3 can do 10.2Gbps, and handle 2560x1600 at 75Hz, It can probably do 2 1920x1080 signals at 60Hz.

Another note, I guess we'll be seeing HDMI 1.5 hitting the streets before they can relese 3D 4K2K TVs.

mouettus

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
[citation][nom]gerohmygosh[/nom]Computers were made only for computing back then, guess we should have left it as just that as well. If the PS3 had it's Blu-ray player locked, I'm sure many people would feel ripped off.[/citation]

stop whining like a child. what's wrong in doing more that just gaming? that's why I bought the PS3 for in the first place! Blu-ray and music/movie streaming from my PC to my hi-fi system. Last time I checked, the PS3 was an entertainment system.

G

I dont think the PS3 will have to do much more to put out 3d than it already does now. Most of these new 3d tvs coming out have their own 3d engine in them. i think i read that samsung tvs are suppose to be able to process anything into 3d (although not as well as original 3d content)

G

This is sterioscopic people, meaning it's not showing two images at the same time, it's showing two alternating signals one at a time - just very fast. I don't see why the PS3 SHOULDN'T be able to handle it.

cewhidx

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
[citation][nom]mouettus[/nom]stop whining like a child. what's wrong in doing more that just gaming? that's why I bought the PS3 for in the first place! Blu-ray and music/movie streaming from my PC to my hi-fi system. Last time I checked, the PS3 was an entertainment system.[/citation]

I think that was exactly his point...(note the sarcasm coupled with the quote he made)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS