PS3 Graphics Problem

Madz121014

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
I got my ps3 4 years ago and the graphics on it have always looked heavily pixelated and at times blurry. I have tried it on 3 different tvs and it looks the same on all of them. I am currently using a 51 inch Samsung plasma TV. The display settings are all correct as well as the settings on my ps3. I also use an HDMI cord. The graphics look this way on all my games and they all are supposed to display in 1080p (I read that it really isn't 1080p though). I see gameplay videos online and the graphics look smooth and clear, unlike what I am seeing. I find that whenever the camera in the game is still, mostly everything looks fine except for objects in the distance which look pixelated and blurry. But when I move the camera or my character on the game, I see tons of pixelation and flickering happening on everything from buildings, trees, and other objects all around me. I also understand that ps3 graphics are not supposed to be as good as ps4 for example but I think that the amount of pixelation, blurriness, and flickering is beyond a normal amount. I've tried numerous things to try to fix this such as changing settings on my TV and ps3, getting a new HDMI cord but nothing makes any difference at all. I do plan on getting a ps4 in the near future but for now I am playing games for ps3 that came out before ps4 was released but they're not super old games either so the graphics should look good but they don't. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Kuph Jr

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
Posting this is just asking for PC master race comments...

Anyway, I think that this is a problem with the PS3 itself. Have you tried completely resetting it? I have no idea if you can do a full factory wipe and reset with a PS3, but if you can, that it what I would recommend.

Bevs4Days

Reputable
Mar 26, 2015
Maybe you should have gotten an xbox. Also on a side note my latest experience with a ps3 was playing Black ops 2. It looked like Nvidia threw up the graphics quality was so poop it hurt my eyes, and it froze like 8 times xD. But on a real note its probably just your ps3 4 years old means that the stock graphics card is gonna be a little shitty (cause its sony) (also not US made) that mixed with 4 years worth of dust and use. And so far as i know ps3s get hot af (like running r9290x2's in fucking saudi arabia) aka hot as fuck. Also one more thing id just recommend you talk to sony about why they cant make a gaming console that doesnt shit itself after an hour and a half of game time. #Pc4Life