PS3 Now Has Ability to Play 3D Blu-ray Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
this means nothing because I don't have a 3D TV and I got no plans to get one in the near future. when they say that "many have bought 3D TV's" is a Big Fat Lie!

phate

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Can I load Linux on it? How about play PS2 games??

No, but can I get a headache just trying to watch a damn movie? Yes? Sweet...

[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Spoken like a true crapbox fanboy, which it will never get. You prob have a 1994 analog tv still too get outta here with that garbage!Im waiting for glassless 3D from toshiba this Christmas...waiting to see[/citation]
Spoken like a true TROLL.

You even go on to slap personal insults. Wow.

I bet that will make watching your 3d at Xmas sooo much sweeter?

On topic, Good work Sony

G

My god the comments make me feel like im in 7th grade all over again.

renami9

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
adding a new feature is great and all, but i'm still hoping for SONY to bring back some old features that they removed.

helldog3105

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
I have the old fat PS3, but I have to ask, do the new slims and other PS3's no longer support backwards compatibility at all? So you have to have a PS3 and a PS2 to play all the old catalog games? Just curious. That seems rather bad considering how hard they pushed in the beginning about how important backwards compatibility was for the PS3. I too, miss my other OS feature. I am sad they removed it. I liked the idea of being able to install my own OS on the machine, if I so wanted. On topic, I do not own a 3D TV nor do I see any reason to purchase one in the near future. This is not the first time that they have attempted to push 3D on consumers. It failed in the 50's, it failed in the 60's, and I have a feeling that while it won't completely fail now, it won't replace the way we always watch TV and Movies.

mook33

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
There's likely a fair amount of 3D-capable TV's out there -- how many people have bought the necessary equipment to take advantage of it is the question.
On my end, I do not own a 3DTV. If I buy a new one when I move, I'd likely spend a bit more to have that feature. It's mostly going to depend on if the 3D format gets a lot of support as far as releases.
Any way you cut it though, I can't understand why people would be upset at Sony for adding this feature.
Though I do understand frustrations at losing otherOS (never used it) and PS2-backward-compatibility. I bought a [used] original-release PS3 just so I could have that still; there's a massive PS2 catalog out there, and Quality trumps graphics!!!

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]HavoCnMe[/nom]Seriously, true 3D won't require glasses and until that happens 3D is another marketing scheme. Waste your money fools.[/citation]

yep true when glasses are gone ill try it out like the new ds. till then cya. and the problem whit blue ray is that at the same time the 1TB hard drives whent cheap the blue ray got out so i store all my 720p on the pc im ultra anti cd dvd and blue ray.

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
[citation][nom]liquidsnake718[/nom]This would be great, only if we didnt need to buy a new LED LCD 3d capable TV, they should have just made it possible with full HD 120hz LCD/LED's.[/citation]
AGREED. I just paid off a 52" Bravia that will never have 3D.Besides who wants to wear sunglasses to watch tv?????

gnesterenko

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Now I'm just wondering out loud here, but I'm pretty sure I know the answer already... Can the PS3 put out 120MHz refresh rates at 1080p? Because if not, then they are being dishonest in their 'support' of 3D. Sure, it works, but not full HD 3D.

OK, went back and read over it again and I guess they never made claims it would do full HD 3d, so I suppose I'm ok with this. But just so people out there don't go about uninformed, the best this will do is 3d in 1080i, as is the limitation of the 1.3 HDMI spec.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]drwho1[/nom]this means nothing because I don't have a 3D TV and I got no plans to get one in the near future. when they say that "many have bought 3D TV's" is a Big Fat Lie![/citation]

Just because you can't afford one it turns Sony into a liar??

I got one. so bite me.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]gnesterenko[/nom]Now I'm just wondering out loud here, but I'm pretty sure I know the answer already... Can the PS3 put out 120MHz refresh rates at 1080p? Because if not, then they are being dishonest in their 'support' of 3D. Sure, it works, but not full HD 3D.OK, went back and read over it again and I guess they never made claims it would do full HD 3d, so I suppose I'm ok with this. But just so people out there don't go about uninformed, the best this will do is 3d in 1080i, as is the limitation of the 1.3 HDMI spec."The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."[/citation]

Tell me which system can output and accept 120 "Mhz" signal.

Cuz I want to buy one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.