PS3 to Samsung SyncMaster 730B

NoctisLionward

Reputable
Jan 18, 2015
Hi

I'm trying to set my ps3 up to my SyncMaster 730B monitor. I'm using an HDMI to DVI adapter that I bought a little before New Years. This monitor is supposed to support HDMI, but all I get is a blank screen. It's definitely picking it up, when I turn off the ps3, the monitor switches back to Analog. I've already tried resetting the video settings by holding in the power button. After that, I pressed x on the controller and got a little feedback on the screen, similar to when a video cord is plugged in, after which a message popped up on the black screen saying "Not optimum mode. Recommended mode: 1280 x 1024 60Hz" Is there any way to get this working?

Update: I plugged the PS3 into a different monitor and got picture with a prompt on the PS3 asking to use HDMI on the monitor. Chose yes, then the screen went blank with a message saying "Input Not Supported." After about a minute or so, the picture came back and was working fine. Went into the video settings through that, and tried to optimize it for a pc monitor. Plugged it back into this monitor and still got a blank screen. I am almost certain this monitor should support PS3 HDMI. If not, I wasted money and 23 days of waiting for this HDMI to DVI adapter.

NoctisLionward

Reputable
Jan 18, 2015

I've already reset the PS3's video settings a few times by holding the power button. And I made sure the output was set to digital, which is what it is supposed to be set to.

NoctisLionward

Reputable
Jan 18, 2015

It's definitely picking up the signal. When I turn on the PS3, the screen flickers a couple times. When I press the x button on the controller, the screen flickers again and has a small strip of feedback for about half a second, then the "Not Optimum Mode" message pops up. The cable shouldn't be the problem, it was working fine just a little bit ago.