PS3, Xbox 360 Version Of 'Call Of Duty: Black Ops III' Ditching Single-Player Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
At this rate COD will be only multiplayer online. with each passing game the single player mode is getting shorter and shorter, because a lot COD gamers just skip the single player mode and go right to playing the multiplayer mode instead now of days. I mean the next COD game could be multiplayer online only and it wouldn't matter. heck most COD players wouldn't prob even miss it. if you ask a COD player what would you rather have a single player mode or more gaming mode options for multiplayer mode online i'm almost certain most COD players would choose more gaming mode options for multiplayer mode online over a single player mode.

geof2001

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
At this rate COD will be only multiplayer online. with each passing game the single player mode is getting shorter and shorter, because a lot COD gamers just skip the single player mode and go right to playing the multiplayer mode instead now of days.

Nah they don't skip it just seems that way cause single player is getting so short these days we're done in a few hours.

Customers can "ditch" any plans of buying this game is going to be more like it.

genz

Distinguished
CoD still has to struggle to get out of being 'samey' now that Black Ops is going to move it away from AW's mechanical suit territory. It's a shame really because they were getting a LOT better with their story mode delivery, albeit shorter.

I stopped playing CoD ages ago though, so maybe I'll just keep quiet.

squibbfire2

Reputable
Sep 28, 2015
If they are going to be just online...maybe they should have a subscription fee instead. 10 bucks for the first month...since we dont really get a standalone game with the cd now.

xaero1ne

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
its true 99% of people play COD for the MP, but SP is still a nice touch since they are known for their fun out of this world block buster style SP Campaigns.

flowingbass

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Why dont people/devs just abandon the previous gen console already. They had their time and will always be on the wall of great consoles to remember. They clearly are starting to be a hindrance and stumbling block to devs. Any die hard console gamer would always get to be on the latest console. Otherwise they may have probably moved over to pc it they werent. Unshackle the game creators and let them concentrate on current gen/hardware.

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
If they are going to be just online...maybe they should have a subscription fee instead. 10 bucks for the first month...since we dont really get a standalone game with the cd now.

I agree. Especially if it's a game that needs the publisher's/developer's servers to play, what's the point of buying it? It's essentially an online service. Unless, the whole point is that there are no plans to maintain the servers on a long term basis, so the company itselft does not care about recurring revenue...

genz

Distinguished

However lots of people upgrade just to play CoD, BF the latest Fifa and
the next AssCreeed. Hell there wasn't much more to the PS4 launch unless you count Angry birds

Status
Not open for further replies.