PS4 Can Use Phones and Tablets as Controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stimpack

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
This is more for ease of access, and I don't think it's meant to replace the controller. For when you're wanting to type something in without a keyboard, or you're sitting on the toilet and you really want to sign in for that multiplayer match.

tbake

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
I realize that the translation is shoddy at best, however there is no mention of iOS compatibility.

compprob237

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
tbake - The end of the first paragraph, as well as the link inside, do state support for the iOS smartphone.

Article - "that can turn an Android/iOS smartphone/tablet into a PlayStation 4 controller."

Link - "Sony demos its PlayStation app for Android and iOS at Tokyo Game Show keynote"

compprob237

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

If they decide to alienate the "casual"/"light" crowd they're aiming for then I believe they'd be making a mistake.

I do not care either way since I have none of these device myself.

KillYourConsole

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
When you have that extra buddy around and no controller for him. No problem, just use a supported phone. It serves a practical use. Good for maybe adjusting a music playlist while someone else is in game and there are not controller's available (could be charging one).

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
I know I am in the minority of users who doesn't like all of the "social" features being touted nowadays, but using your phone or tablet as a remote control to browse Netflix or Hulu Plus seems useful to me. I would never share a game clip but I would use this app.

ricky_d

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
I'm on a crusade against touch as game control! We don't need phones as controllers, we need controllers for the phones! It should be illegal to create action games that don't require a proper controller.

ubercake

Splendid

They've had this similar functionality for Xbox 360 for a while as well through the Smart Glass app. This is to continue to the Xbox One. It's not new tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS