Question PS4 Controller is not recognized on PC after driver issues ?

Jul 3, 2024
I'm having an issue with my PS4 controller not being recognized on my Windows 10 PC. Here's what happened:

Initial Issue:
- I downloaded Assassin's Creed and the buttons to my remote weren't working like they usually do so I started messing around with the PS4 controller settings on my PC.
- I accidentally uninstalled the "PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller" in Device Manager, I think caused the issue.
- Since then, none of my PS4 controllers are detected properly on my PC.

Steps I've Taken to Resolve the Issue:
- Reset the PS4 Controller:
- Verified Recognition in Device Manager:
- Checked Human Interface Devices, Bluetooth, and Universal Serial Bus controllers
- The controller appears as HID-compliant game controller and other related entries.
- Reinstalled Drivers:
- Downloaded and installed the latest USB and Bluetooth drivers from the ASRock website for my B450 Steel Legend motherboard.

- Used DS4Windows:
- Installed DS4Windows and initially, it recognized my controller, but still none of the button inputs worked.
- After further attempts and reinstallation, DS4Windows no longer detects my controller.
- Installed the ViGEmBus driver as prompted by DS4Windows.

- Checked Steam settings:
- Enabled PS4 Configuration Support
- Steam still does not recognize my controller.

- Checked for Windows Updates

The controller is recognized when connected via Bluetooth but still does not function properly in games or Steam. The controller does not show up in Game controller settings. Device Manager shows the controllers are connected but they do not work in games.
I think the uninstallation of the "PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller" might have caused an underlying issue that I haven’t been able to resolve, but reinstalling my drivers should have fixed that?

Can anyone help me identify what might be going wrong?

TRENDING THREADS