Question PS4 crashing and blue light ?

ZakYOLO

Reputable
Aug 9, 2020
My PS4 is not turning on. At first it was fine then the next day i tried to turn it on but only the logo showed and when it left, it stayed on the blue screen with the blue light showing on the power button. (I own a PS4 Slim).

After tinkering around in safe mode i managed to get it back to the normal blue dashboard but when it's laggy asf and i can't install large games like rocket league and fortnite as after reaching halfway it says somthing along the lines of "cannot download" "will continue downloading when possible". A small game like brawlhalla would work.

Not to mention, when things go my way and the ps4 turns to the blue dashboard(cuz most of the time it'll be logo and then black screen blue led) the ps4 would just crash a minute in or sometimes immediately! I.e during the setup of date and time. (To get the blue dashboard I have initialized the ps4, updated using internet which also doesn't work most of the time, restarted, changed resolution and whatnot) Now, after doing my last resort which is initializing using a USB, it went to blue dashboard and when it said to press the PS button on controller to start, the screen went black and blue LED showed up.

EDIT: IMPORTANT forgot to mention that when it's blue light it seldomly beeps 3 times (fast) and almost guaranteed that when i press the disk button it will beep 3 times (also fast).

Sorry if it was a bit lengthy, i wanted to give out the most information.

I will appreciate anything as my week is bad, my laptop just broke down too and my iPhone screen broke and now the PS4 too.

All this during my last vacation as a highschooler too 😔.

Last edited:

ZakYOLO

Reputable
Aug 9, 2020
You either have a problem with your memory or your cmos battery is dying. With the games lagging I would say it is your memory.
Appreciate the reply,
The games weren't lagging the interface was. The blue dashboard where u choose what game to play and when i go into settings it hangs etc etc.

About th CMOS battery, i thought it just keeps track of the time? Won't it have no effect on how bad my console is performing?

Appreciate the reply,
The games weren't lagging the interface was. The blue dashboard where u choose what game to play and when i go into settings it hangs etc etc.

About th CMOS battery, i thought it just keeps track of the time? Won't it have no effect on how bad my console is performing?
Cmos battery remembers what bios settings, updates, changes etc when starting up, along with the time.