PS4 equivalent PC

Alexizzle2

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014
Hi peeps,

What would a PS4 equivalent PC build look like? Like what parts list would deliver approximately the same performance of the console? (Correct me if I'm wrong, but my general idea of PS4 performance is 900-1080p @30-60fps)

I ask for research/benchmark purposes; it's not for a real-life build. I say this because people in the past have tried to answer with "This list would deliver performance way better than the PS4" and that's not what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
It's actually tricky due to the PS4 having a poopton of Vram compared to anything that isn't a Titan at present. That said the 4gb 770 looks mighty sexy to me.

Starbird0

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
It's actually tricky due to the PS4 having a poopton of Vram compared to anything that isn't a Titan at present. That said the 4gb 770 looks mighty sexy to me.

Solution

Hello man

Honorable

Thats a good point abut the VRAM. The PS4 and other consoles are designed to do one thing, and do it well. The can run games at study FPS with NO lag, and pretty much no lag spikes. There is no real complicated OS to worry about, so they can focus primarily on the task of rendering. But seriously, a card with 8GB VRAM? Thats crazy!

Starbird0

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Well there are rumous about an upcoming GTX 880 model with 8gb - please don't let it be another Titan though :|.

My concern about the Vram is that now devs are going to be building games with this in mind, which is going to lead to Watchdog esque issues when they come to PC.

Hello man

Honorable

The GTX880 shouldn't be a Titan, it is just a replacement for the GTX780. Guess I will have to replace my GTX460 768MB pretty soon here :pt1cable:

Starbird0

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Haha I mean that there are apparently a few GTX 880s coming, the 4gb model seems to be the flagship with a rumored 8gb model coming too (which smells to me like a Titan).

Running a 580 myself - such a good buy. Only started seeing issues when I recently went up to 1440p.

Hello man

Honorable

Heck my 460 can still run games like War Thunder at MAX EVERYTHING and hit 70-80FPS on a 23in 1080P monitor.