Ps4 Flickering Monitor *FIXED*

SoullessPotato

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
So I bought a Ps4, plugged it into my TV. Everything worked just fine, but I can't play it on the TV in my living room because of family reasons. So I plug it into my computer monitor via HDMI-DVI cable. I turn the Ps4 into safe mode by waiting for the 2 beeps, I activate my controller, and then the screen starts flickering with a message popping up saying "DVI Unstable Signal.". And the actual screen only shows up for a split second. My resolution is 1280x1024(Square), and to my knowledge the Ps4 only supports a 480p, 720p, 1080i/1080p resolution. I don't know if it's the cable itself maybe, because it's pretty old and I have a few laying around the house. Ps4 seems too complex, please help.

Solution
FIXED: Solution might be in the resolution. Setting the Ps4 up to the TV and making it automatic set it to 1080p by default, so that wasn't compatible with my monitor. Also, by default, HDCP is enabled. My monitor couldn't support that. So if you're having the same problem, hook your PS4 up to a TV/Monitor that CAN support 1080p and change the resolution down to 720p or 480p. Hook it up, see what happens. I know 720p is annoying to play at on a 1280x1024(Square), but you just have to deal with it.

SoullessPotato

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
FIXED: Solution might be in the resolution. Setting the Ps4 up to the TV and making it automatic set it to 1080p by default, so that wasn't compatible with my monitor. Also, by default, HDCP is enabled. My monitor couldn't support that. So if you're having the same problem, hook your PS4 up to a TV/Monitor that CAN support 1080p and change the resolution down to 720p or 480p. Hook it up, see what happens. I know 720p is annoying to play at on a 1280x1024(Square), but you just have to deal with it.

Solution