PS4 Follows Xbox One with Unofficial Price Drop in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferooxidan

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
To all of you saying that XB1 is garbage, XB1 is no better than PS4, XB1 is a failed product, etc. Well, eventhough all the fact that it is underpowered and more expensive, it is still fun and enjoyable playing in XB1. Microsoft did it right, Kinect is better than the previous X360, the atmosphere of using XB1 is enjoyable, its exclusive titles have no comparison, and eventho some games can't run at 60fps in 1080p, the game still enjoyable. You guys realize that all I have talking about is bullshit right? PS4 FTW!!!!!!!!

May 2, 2013
I don't think even more PS4s will get sold in the US... they are already sold out across the board at $400.It took an act of God for me to get one in the last few weeks (I'm in Canada)... it's ridiculous trying to chase one down.I have to say that while the PC will always be more powerful, it's amazing how much punch they packed into a box that is maybe twice the size of my video card...

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I don't think even more PS4s will get sold in the US... they are already sold out across the board at $400.It took an act of God for me to get one in the last few weeks (I'm in Canada)... it's ridiculous trying to chase one down.I have to say that while the PC will always be more powerful, it's amazing how much punch they packed into a box that is maybe twice the size of my video card...
You say that because you haven't seen what a proper PC can do... Being the owner of a mid-range gaming box with a haswell i5, SSD and GTX760, I can say the few hours of PS4 I've logged are VERY disappointing in terms of graphical eye-candy. Even 3 year old PC games look more appealing and WOW GRAPHEEX than any of the launch PS4 titles... Can't talk about what came after, but, no, it's not amazing.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
You say that because you haven't seen what a proper PC can do... Being the owner of a mid-range gaming box with a haswell i5, SSD and GTX760, I can say the few hours of PS4 I've logged are VERY disappointing in terms of graphical eye-candy. Even 3 year old PC games look more appealing and WOW GRAPHEEX than any of the launch PS4 titles... Can't talk about what came after, but, no, it's not amazing.
I guess you didn't try NBA 2k14.....

slyu9213

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I know your comment is directed to me but yes I have seen good builds. I have used gaming PC's with numerous CPU/GPU combo varying from all recent AMD/Intel releases. Like Innocent_Bystander said PC's will always have better graphics. They are years/generations ahead. But once again a $400 computer has nothing against a $400 PS4. If the PS4 would be able to run Windows it would be a decent low-mid range gaming PC that could play games at med/high settings. PC's have customization options that let it have better cooling, power (higher rated power supply), stronger GPU, more RAM.Consoles take some time for devs to learn how to use the hardware. PC's have the raw power where it's not so much important as consoles. It's not exactly fair comparing a $600-$2000 PC to a $400 console. No one compares a low/mid range rig of $400-700 to a $1500+ PC. That being said I can only see positive changes for the consoles.Let's stop comparing and expecting products of one price range to compete with things almost double their price.

The PS4 has 18 CU for 1152 cores which lies in the middle of the 7850 and 7870, I was also giving some extra performance gain for being a highly integrated unit as opposed to a general machine like a desktop

7580 has 1024 cores
7870 has 1280 cores

Robert Cargil

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014
The PS4 didn't have a price drop.http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=100485317&postcount=13http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86250172&postcount=729Dumb, Jane. Really, really dumb.

Eisbrecher34

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
What makes me sad about this is that the PS3 is still capable of outperforming both consoles. The devs couldn't learn or want to invest the resources to really make it shine though. It is nice to see Sony doing well though, I've got a soft spot for them from my many hours of PS1 / PS2 gaming lol....

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
What makes me sad about this is that the PS3 is still capable of outperforming both consoles. The devs couldn't learn or want to invest the resources to really make it shine though. It is nice to see Sony doing well though, I've got a soft spot for them from my many hours of PS1 / PS2 gaming lol....
not hardly the ps3 gpu is equal to that of a NVidia 7800GS I don't see where in the world do you actually think the ps3 is capable of outperforming the ps4 or xbox one.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
I am all for price drops, but OMG the comments.. Stop being sheep and posting the stupid PS4/XBOX rules/sucks comments. Seriously, no one cares about those opinion's. Most the readers are educated enough to actually read up on each device and form their own opinion.

Personally I hope both consoles do really well for two reasons. New consoles based on PC hardware will improve console ports and if one of the consoles edges the other out of the market, you will have a monopoly. If that happens you can expect the next console and games to increase in price exponentially. As it sits now paying $69 to $99 for a game on release day for something full of glitches is ridiculous enough, yet the masses continue to pour money into these companies and buying into their PR...

Status
Not open for further replies.