Question PS4 Having strange problems ?

Alberto12

Prominent
Mar 21, 2020
Hi everyone.
My PS4 Slim is having some strange problems. My ps4 slim froze yesterday during the login phase, I could not turn it off or make it respond so my parent's solution was to pull the power cable. When I plugged it back in it came up with the error ce-343358 (the PlayStation cant access the hard drive). I cant start it in safe mode either as it returns the same error.

Here is what I find strange. I thought it would be a problem of corrupted data on the hard drive or at the worst a dead hard drive. After pulling the hard drive and plugging it into my pc it showed up and functioned fine in windows. I even reformatted the drive to put a clean install of the PlayStation system on the drive. When I plugged the drive back into the PlayStation it would still return the error (meaning I cant even install the clean version of the os). I even tried using my brothers hard drive from his ps4 (which I know is working), and it would still return the error.

I figured it could be a problem with the PSU so I followed part of a tutorial (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jMbhIzr6N0&ab_channel=AutronicsLTD
) (from 8:35 onwards) and the power supply was giving back 12 volts.

I have no idea what the problem could be as I figure it can't really be a SATA cable disconnected as it was functioning before the power got pulled from the system.

Can anyone help with this problem. I don't care about saved data, I just want it to function.