PS4 Remote Play For PC, Mac Coming Soon With 'Musashi' Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Fit is that you from the old AnandTech forums? I miss all the flamefests over there in the good old days, heh (I was Nfarce).

In any event, I hope the requirement is not like Microsoft and requiring Win10 to work. It's pretty obvious with the XBone that MS wants to push the stragglers like me into updating to 10. But I have not upgraded from Win7 on any of my PCs/Laptops, and I see no incentive or hardware/software reason for Sony to mandate a Win10 requirement.

SpAwNtoHell

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
In regards to win 7 been my favourite for a very long time till recent and it still is on more then 3 years laptops i have but win 10 is more fluid in games more obvious on skylake then the haswel and ivy desktops but still noticeable there especially for fast pacing games.

SpAwNtoHell

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
I still do not get why if you have a pc you will want to do this tho as a pc always offered a better gaming experience unless you want to play 2-3 titles specific to ps4

realnoize

Honorable
Jan 5, 2015
I still do not get why if you have a pc you will want to do this tho as a pc always offered a better gaming experience unless you want to play 2-3 titles specific to ps4
Well, not everyone has a powerful enough PC that can run games at a quality similar to what a PS4 can do. Also, for those gaming primarily on PS4, this could act like an easy way to play their games on a second screen when someone else wants to use the TV for something else. Personnaly, I'm not sure I'll use the feature as I game mostly on PC and my PS4 is mostly used by my kids, but I guess it's a nice feature for those who may benefit from this.

But if it's the same streaming engine used for the Vita/PSTV or Android remote play, then I would say it's far from perfect and needs a very strong network connection to work well. But I guess if both PS4 and PC run on a wired connection, it will work well.

NoN1120

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014
would it be possible to use a mouse and a keyboard with just this update??
cause that would be great.

FITCamaro

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
Hey Fit is that you from the old AnandTech forums? I miss all the flamefests over there in the good old days, heh (I was Nfarce).

The very same. That was Dailytech though. Since Anandtech and them split I don't go to Dailytech alone much anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.