PS4 Slim - Clicking Noise?!?!

alexarch3rr

Prominent
Oct 19, 2018
Hi all,

Didn't know where to start with this issue which I started having last night and need a fresh set of ideas because I'm reading so many different opinions on Sony+Playstation forums.

Basically I received a brand new PlayStation 4 Slim 500GB yesterday. I play some games on my external hard drive and some on my internal. I played Black Ops 4 which is on my external and is was running absolutely beautifully however when I played FIFA 19 which is run on the internal HDD there seems to be a weird clicking noise I can faintly hear?

I have read so many posts like if I replace the drive then it'll be fine but I would just like to know if anyone knows the exact issue? Will replacing the drive solve the issue and if not then is it even an issue or is it just poor manufacturing from Sony as its the slim version.

I find it mind boggling that it seems a massive percentage of these PS4 Slims are having HDD issues very early on and that many are failing.

Please any help would be great, I know I could send it back but I would rather not have to if its nothing I don't need to worry about or can just replace the drive, considering I bought from an online company too I would have to have to send it back and wait weeks to get one returned.

(Loads of videos on Google if you feel like you need to hear what it sounds like)

Thanks all!!

TRENDING THREADS