[SOLVED] PS5 Or TV issue...totally confused could use some help

tierdal

Honorable
Dec 1, 2014
So I have a PS5 right? I turned it on the other day and half the screen was gibberish. See pic. So I figure it is borked right? Then today, I turn on the app Disney plus (app on the TV not the PS5) and the SAME artifact display weirdness happens. Switch to other apps and they were fine, no artifacts in Netflix, hbomax, menu ect... So I reset the TV (which I did when trying to troubleshoot my PS5) and it fixed it. I go and Get the PS5, plug it into a separate monitor...and it work! I plug it into the TV and it also works. I cant figure out what would cause this. So confused right now.

thanks in advance

Picture: View: https://imgur.com/rp6TBNT

Solution
I mean. I get what you are saying. That however doesnt tell me

1. what the issue is
  2. why it would impact the PS5 and 1 app and nothing else
And frankly, I am trying to ascertain if their might be an issue with my PS5 and if i need to do a service repair on it.

I dont get the mockery/condescension of your post tho. Is this not a safe place to ask questions for help?

Absolutely no intention of mocking you, but your details answered your own question in regard to point of issue. If you were using the TV and it's baked in app, and the screen issue occurred HOW could it be the PS?

It would appear to me that some aspect of your TV is in process of failing. In phone terms they used to call it a failing digitizer. You can...

tierdal

Honorable
Dec 1, 2014

1. what the issue is

And frankly, I am trying to ascertain if their might be an issue with my PS5 and if i need to do a service repair on it.

I dont get the mockery/condescension of your post tho. Is this not a safe place to ask questions for help?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador

1. what the issue is

Absolutely no intention of mocking you, but your details answered your own question in regard to point of issue. If you were using the TV and it's baked in app, and the screen issue occurred HOW could it be the PS?

It would appear to me that some aspect of your TV is in process of failing. In phone terms they used to call it a failing digitizer. You can see that the backlight is good. Without knowing more about the TV you might check to see if there are comments made by others online regarding the specific issue you are having and/or if there are replacement screens or such available. Given TV pricing you may find it easier and less expensive to replace it with a used model of some type.

Solution

tierdal

Honorable
Dec 1, 2014
oh not worried at all if i need a new TV...just so weird it would only impact 1 app?

and the PS5 has had these visual issues before, its just rebooting the PS5 usually solved it

hence my confusion

i tried googling all this stuff but its hard to describe/search for

Reactions: punkncat

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
The only other aspect that comes to mind for me would be if you are forcing a resolution. I have run across an issue with a 720P TV set that I was using on a PC and forcing it to be "1080" with a small amount of scaling. Even in that case, and on my particular set, it would end up being artifacts screen wide.

If you have had this set for a while, have you blown dust out of it?

For instance Google: "Brand X such and such TV screen artifacts"

tierdal

Honorable
Dec 1, 2014
I have not dusted the PC but have the Ps5

Kinda kicking myself cause i just wasted my product replacement plan on a perfectly fine PS5 (and let me tell you the hassle of getting them to replace the ps5 during this shortage was insane amounts of work)

tierdal

Honorable
Dec 1, 2014
luckily i was able to get high enough up in gamestops customer service dpt where they overnighted me a new one imeediately- after telling me they didnt have any and wouldnt for a year lol