[SOLVED] PS5 placement for good airflow

Selynelar

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Good day All,

My concern is about the position of my PS5. Unfortunately I have limited space around the tv. So I can put the PS5 only into the shelf of the tv desk. The sides has about 5 and 5 cm the back is opened. My question is that is it enough space for good airflow or do i need to look for any alternative? See the pics below.

247592_20210605_100745.jpg

247592_20210605_100717.jpg

247592_20210605_100705.jpg

247592_20210605_100700.jpg

Thanks for your replies.

Solution
Many electronic products include "measurements" for airflow.

Specified physical measurements for clearance - that being the distance between the electronic device and any surrounding enclosure walls, shelves, etc..

Stated differently: how much open space should be present on all sides of the device.

Heat is an enemy of electronics and insufficient space means insufficient airflow, and thus overheating.

So manufacturers may specify minimum clearance values.

As stated by @Karadjgne an inch or so is probably sufficient. And the open back is certainly favorable - lots of "clearance".

If the PS5 was installed in one of those under the desk cabinets with a closed door and tiny holes for wires then even with...

Ralston18

Titan

Specified physical measurements for clearance - that being the distance between the electronic device and any surrounding enclosure walls, shelves, etc..

Stated differently: how much open space should be present on all sides of the device.

Heat is an enemy of electronics and insufficient space means insufficient airflow, and thus overheating.

As stated by @Karadjgne an inch or so is probably sufficient. And the open back is certainly favorable - lots of "clearance".

If the PS5 was installed in one of those under the desk cabinets with a closed door and tiny holes for wires then even with "clearance" the lack of airflow would likely lead to heat related problems.

Solution

Selynelar

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019

If the PS5 was installed in one of those under the desk cabinets with a closed door and tiny holes for wires then even with "clearance" the lack of airflow would likely lead to heat related problems.
Defenitely my is almost completely open. Almost because tha back panels little bit goes out . But besides there it is completely open. The sides are from the ps5 sides 5cm left and right. So planty space in the back.

So I should be fine?

Ralston18

Titan
Yes.

And it is easy to monitor.

Before starting up and gaming just rest your hand on "top" to get a sense of the temperature.

Then as you play just carefully check a few more times. Expect the PS5 to get warmer but not hot.

Subjective to some extent but I think you will recognize "hot".