ps790 viewsource monitor

Hi,

Does anybody know about these monitors? Like why would it go black -
flat line. The power light stays on, but that is it. It has worked fine
for about a year for me (I found it through a lady closing her
business). Please help. Thanks.

--
flexicut

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 04:14:07 +0000, flexicut
<flexicut.1lb9vn@news.computerbanter.com> wrote:

>Does anybody know about these monitors? Like why would it go black -
>flat line. The power light stays on, but that is it. It has worked fine
>for about a year for me (I found it through a lady closing her
>business). Please help. Thanks.

It's a CRT monitor. Like all CRT monitors, the tube will eventually
just stop working. There are a few things you can try, like testing
it on a different computer (or testing a known-good monitor on this
computer) to determine if it's just the monitor or if it's the
PC/video card that's causing the trouble. You can also try to bring
up the On-Screen Display by pressing the buttons in front. You also
may want to test the monitor on a different outlet in a different
physical location.

Other than that though, there's a good chance that you're looking at
getting a replacement for that monitor. I suppose you could try to
get this one fixed, but chances are that you will spend more getting
it fixed than a new monitor will cost you.

-------------
Tony Hill

Ed

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:01:37 -0500, Tony Hill <hilla_nospam_20@yahoo.ca>
wrote:

>On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 04:14:07 +0000, flexicut
><flexicut.1lb9vn@news.computerbanter.com> wrote:
>
>>Does anybody know about these monitors? Like why would it go black -
>>flat line. The power light stays on, but that is it. It has worked fine
>>for about a year for me (I found it through a lady closing her
>>business). Please help. Thanks.
>
>It's a CRT monitor. Like all CRT monitors, the tube will eventually
>just stop working. There are a few things you can try, like testing
>it on a different computer (or testing a known-good monitor on this
>computer) to determine if it's just the monitor or if it's the
>PC/video card that's causing the trouble. You can also try to bring
>up the On-Screen Display by pressing the buttons in front. You also
>may want to test the monitor on a different outlet in a different
>physical location.
>
>Other than that though, there's a good chance that you're looking at
>getting a replacement for that monitor. I suppose you could try to
>get this one fixed, but chances are that you will spend more getting
>it fixed than a new monitor will cost you.

>Tony Hill

If it doesn't work, before you go buy a new one check and see if it's
still under a warranty, my 21" had about 2 weeks left before the warr.
expired when it acted up, only cost me $13 to ship it and get fixed.
Good Luck,
Ed