PSA: Referral links are spam, and against the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This includes any link or service where they give you money or other perks because people click on your link, buy stuff after clicking on your link, or even just because you posted a link.

We really don't want it here, and you'll likely be banned if you do it.

This includes G2A Goldmine, Amazon Affiliates, other similar programs, and programmes where you get e.g. more cloud storage because other people signed up with your link.

This goes for both content posted in threads, and in your signature.

Nonpossible

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2015

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. If someone asks about some sort of hardware and I send them a link to say, amazon, that shows them said hardware, that's not allowed?

PS: I'm not trying to be contentious, just making sure I abide by the rules.

Nonpossible

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2015

Ahh I get it now. Thank you.

Kevin Fox

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015

This might be a really stupid question, but how does referral links look like?

Kevin Fox

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015

Thanks for the examples... I never really know what it does looks like.

DawnRenee88

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016
Another simple way to do it is just tell they person what it is and where to go to see it. Example these headphones "Brand and what ever else" are at amazon and then there would be no need for a link all they would have to do is copy the information.
ou give a item name and say where its from and then that person gose there to get it or to look it up. Shore it would be nice to also list the price. Example if there's a pc game at local stores for 30 and on amazon for 20 just tell them hay its on sale for 20 as of last time you seen "Game" and just place a date. That way there's no need for links and worrys about make a profit from it. Plus if you give details like that I think its better that way the conversation about such items gets more people interested. Especially if you talk more about the details of the item.

I don't personally think its to cool when someone is asking for help finding a cheap pair of orange wireless bluetooth headphones that shot lightning bolts. And are given a comment to there post saying " Hay I know where you can get those. Here's a link to those exact pair." link send you to a pair of kids frozen headphones. Sometimes people will give you a link to amazon for items your not even looking for just to get more traffic and hopefully a few extra buys for there account.

I know I'm a bit long winded but this forum section has a good point.

Only if it's not your website, and you don't get any money from it.

Linking to your own website is only OK if it's completely non-commercial - no ads, no reflinks, and we don't really like donations but might let them slide if it's really useful content.

Status
Not open for further replies.