PSC 2510 stopped printing after software "upgrade"

CJ

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

Have a PSC 2510 on a wireless network. Everything fine until last weekend
when I ran the Software Update from the HP Director. Three updates
installed. Next day, I tried printing and got this message:

"The print spooler was unable to connect to your printer. This can be
caused by your printer being turned off, the cable being unplugged, or being
connected to a VPN, which will block your access to your local network."

I can still scan, so a connection is there. No VPN. Windows firewall is
off. Multiple cold and warm reboots. Tried printing from HP Image Zone,
Word, Notepad.

I tried HP support, the tech had me do a System Restore to before last
weekend - no luck. Got diconnected from HP. System automatically reran
some Windows updates - no change. I went ahead and reran the HP updates -
no change.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I would suspect the microsoft.net framework updates that were
part of the latest Microsoft updates rather than the HP updates
noting most HP PSC models need Microsoft.net framework to run.

--
Regards
Blue

Remove Z from email address to reply directly.

CJ

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

"aussieblu" <zaussiblu@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>I would suspect the microsoft.net framework updates that were
> part of the latest Microsoft updates rather than the HP updates
> noting most HP PSC models need Microsoft.net framework to run.
>
> --
> Regards
> Blue

Could be. Like I mentioned, I did do a system restore, but who knows what
lingers.

I uninstalled and reinstalled all of the HP software today - no luck.
Communication is fine - the HP software knows that the "toner" is low.
Still can't print, still a spooler message. I may burn the document's
folders and do a Dell system restore this weekend.

-cj

Same problem here. Installed latest HP update and got the same error
message. Have not called HP yet. I am not aware of the .net
framework update - I know that at least I did not do it manually. My
next step was going to be to direct-connect the printer to my wireless
router... as if I we installing the printer for the first time... and
see what happens.