PSC2355 Help please

Hi
My PSC2355 has suddenly started giving me the message "Tri-colour
print cartridge inserted now is not intended for use in this printer"
The message will not cancel which means I cannot use the printer for
any purpose at all. I've tried cleaning the copper contacts as
suggested in the 'HELP' file but to no avail. This is its first
cartridge.
Can anyone help please
Thanks
peter

"petert" <peter.cheznous@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> My PSC2355 has suddenly started giving me the message "Tri-colour
> print cartridge inserted now is not intended for use in this printer"
> The message will not cancel which means I cannot use the printer for
> any purpose at all. I've tried cleaning the copper contacts as
> suggested in the 'HELP' file but to no avail. This is its first
> cartridge.

You need to do two things:

1. Download a firmware update to prevent this happening again at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?dlc=en&lc=en&os=228&product=422000&lang=en&cc=us&softwareitem=oj-32845-1
(If you use a different OS then check for the proper file at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&softwareitem=oj-32845-1&os=228&product=422000&dlc=en

2. Call HP at 1-800-HPINVENt for a warranty replacement for your cartridge.

Regards,

Peter, Assuming you have the correct ink cartridge, and assuming it is New.
Have you a) tried to remove it / reinstall it, making sure it is seated
properly,
b) made sure the tape strip on the bottom is removed & c) Checked fo rdriver
updates.
If all else fails try as a last resort contacting HP.

Good luck.

"petert" <peter.cheznous@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> My PSC2355 has suddenly started giving me the message "Tri-colour
> print cartridge inserted now is not intended for use in this printer"
> The message will not cancel which means I cannot use the printer for
> any purpose at all. I've tried cleaning the copper contacts as
> suggested in the 'HELP' file but to no avail. This is its first
> cartridge.
> Can anyone help please
> Thanks
> peter

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:10:37 GMT, "Larry Mauriello"
<larrym6833@verizon.net> wrote:

>Peter, Assuming you have the correct ink cartridge, and assuming it is New.
>Have you a) tried to remove it / reinstall it, making sure it is seated
>properly,
>b) made sure the tape strip on the bottom is removed & c) Checked fo rdriver
>updates.
>If all else fails try as a last resort contacting HP.
>
>Good luck.

Thanks for your advice
The printer had been in use for 7 months and working correctly, the
cartridges were not empty and had not been tampered with.
peter

I have the same problem with the printer cartridge however, I purchased
a recycled black cartridge from Office depot and I read somewhere
perhaps the cartridge is not acceptable.

Did you solve your problem?

jp2003 wrote:

> I have the same problem with the printer cartridge however, I purchased
> a recycled black cartridge from Office depot and I read somewhere
> perhaps the cartridge is not acceptable.
>
> Did you solve your problem?

I once bought a Office Depot black ink cartridge for an Epson
printer. It would not work. Replaced it with an Epson cartridge.
Worked fine.

I'm noticing a trend, here.