Psi e graphic slot problem

rabesce

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Hi forum first post. My PC has ANSUS p5vd2-mx motherboard, intel duo processor, psi e graphic slot, gforce graphics card. I decided to upgrade the graphics card for faster secondhand one. The result, lost the video signal to the monitor and getting 1 long 2 short beeps from BIOS ( faulty graphics card ?)

I then reinstalled the original graphics card. The fan on the card is working so its drawing power, but I still have the BIOS error beeps and no video signal .

Have I have possibly goosed the pci e slot on the motherboard and if so could it be repaired or would I need to replace the motherboard? Any advice really appreciated.

Before swapping the video card, did you power off the PSU or disconnect it from the wall outlet? Are you sure that the video card is fully inserted into the slot?

If the PCI-e slot is defective, you'll have to get a new motherboard.

rabesce

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009

Thanks for reply ghislaing yes I switched everthing off and earthed myself before starting, made sure the video card was fully inserted. Also got a friend to test the card on his motherboard.

I didn't realise before now the motherboard has onboard graphics so I will try removing the video card