PSP Just Got Home with Mine

Got the PSP Spider Man II Bundle, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, Hard Shell Flip Down
Screen Cover and a Car Charger - 325.00 @ Wal Mart

Oh Yeah, they had Like 100 of these freakin things and no one standing
around even looked remotely interested....

About the System itself?

I am a little speechless right now

Awesome, Freakin Awesome

I am a little disappointed that there was no Clear film on the screen and
that there are no Video Controls, Color, Brightness...etc....

Other then those Con's the Rest are Pros, Thus far Anyway

"GccTxs" <gcc1967@TRASHsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Got the PSP Spider Man II Bundle, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, Hard Shell Flip
Down
> Screen Cover and a Car Charger - 325.00 @ Wal Mart
>
> Oh Yeah, they had Like 100 of these freakin things and no one standing
> around even looked remotely interested....
>

> About the System itself?
>
> I am a little speechless right now
>
> Awesome, Freakin Awesome
>
> I am a little disappointed that there was no Clear film on the screen and
> that there are no Video Controls, Color, Brightness...etc....
>
> Other then those Con's the Rest are Pros, Thus far Anyway

There is a brightness control. On the bottom--a button with a picture of
the screen right next to the button with the picture of a musical note (for
music settings).

syvyn11

Distinguished
May 17, 2004

Went to the EBGames at 4th Street Live here in Louisville. And this one
guy had Ridge Racer on his PSP. I stood there slacked jawed. It was
freaking awsome! I had my doubts, they are gone! If I can get the money
together to buy one, I WILL!

Sony has a hit.
"GccTxs" <gcc1967@TRASHsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Got the PSP Spider Man II Bundle, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, Hard Shell Flip
> Down Screen Cover and a Car Charger - 325.00 @ Wal Mart
>
> Oh Yeah, they had Like 100 of these freakin things and no one standing
> around even looked remotely interested....
>

> About the System itself?
>
> I am a little speechless right now
>
> Awesome, Freakin Awesome
>
> I am a little disappointed that there was no Clear film on the screen and
> that there are no Video Controls, Color, Brightness...etc....
>
> Other then those Con's the Rest are Pros, Thus far Anyway

"GccTxs" <gcc1967@TRASHsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Got the PSP Spider Man II Bundle, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, Hard Shell Flip
Down
> Screen Cover and a Car Charger - 325.00 @ Wal Mart
>
> Oh Yeah, they had Like 100 of these freakin things and no one standing
> around even looked remotely interested....
>

> About the System itself?
>
> I am a little speechless right now
>
> Awesome, Freakin Awesome
>
> I am a little disappointed that there was no Clear film on the screen and
> that there are no Video Controls, Color, Brightness...etc....

There's 3 brightness settings, 4 when its plugged into the wall. Hold down
the brightness button and it turns the screen off.

Skye

Skye wrote:

> That explains why 5 of the top 10 rated games on gamerankings.com are
> PSP titles. The launch lineup rules, despite what fanboys want to
> believe.

And on top of that, an obscure little game called Grand Theft Auto is due
out in a few weeks.

-Z-

Holy moly, I gotta get me one. Its gonna be more than 300 bucks where I
live, but heck I GOTTA!!!

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
> Skye wrote:
>
>> That explains why 5 of the top 10 rated games on gamerankings.com are
>> PSP titles. The launch lineup rules, despite what fanboys want to
>> believe.
>
> And on top of that, an obscure little game called Grand Theft Auto is due
> out in a few weeks.

Only a few weeks? I thought it would be a few months away at least. Have
they confirmed yet whether it is to be a remake of an old GTA or a new game?

"Skye" <carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com> wrote:

>That explains why 5 of the top 10 rated games on gamerankings.com are PSP
>titles.

No, the fact that reviewers are wow'd by the technology explains those
scores. A couple years from now, when really great PSP games are out
that deserve 8s and 9s, these reviews will be looked back upon with
embarassment.

>The launch lineup rules, despite what fanboys want to believe.

LOL! Yeah, the best title is Ridge Racer. Oh wait, and it's the exact
same game that launched on the PS2 five years ago. Yeah, that totally
rules.

Joe

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote:

>You lamers are so pitiful. If you couldn't buy one, don't take your
>frustration out on the system itself. You don't know what you are talking
>about and you haven't played one so just be quiet.

Are you a troll, a fanboi, or just a moron? Enquiring minds want to
know!

Joe

"brad" <res0og0o@verizon.net> wrote:

>If I'm missing something from one of the launch titles let me know . . .

Lumines (from the maker of Rez) is the one original launch title you
should check out (most stores are out of stock on this game though).

Joe

"Jerry P. Danzig" <jpdanzig@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>As I understand it, Ridge Racer runs on the PSP at 60 fps.

Try 30. So what anyway? We're talking a five-year-old game.

Joe

"Joe62" <NOSPAMjmcginn@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> "Jerry P. Danzig" <jpdanzig@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>>As I understand it, Ridge Racer runs on the PSP at 60 fps.
>
> Try 30. So what anyway? We're talking a five-year-old game.
>
> Joe

Its not 30, moron. Do you always talk out of your ass when you are jealous?

> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote:
>
>>You lamers are so pitiful. If you couldn't buy one, don't take your
>>frustration out on the system itself. You don't know what you are talking
>>about and you haven't played one so just be quiet.

Enquiring minds want to
> know!

I will "Enquire" why you are such a dumb ass.

I heard 60; 30 for NFSU...

"Joe62" <NOSPAMjmcginn@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> "Jerry P. Danzig" <jpdanzig@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> >As I understand it, Ridge Racer runs on the PSP at 60 fps.
>
> Try 30. So what anyway? We're talking a five-year-old game.
>
> Joe

My understanding is the PSP GTA will be a new game, set in Liberty City...

"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> "Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
> > Skye wrote:
> >
> >> That explains why 5 of the top 10 rated games on gamerankings.com are
> >> PSP titles. The launch lineup rules, despite what fanboys want to
> >> believe.
> >
> > And on top of that, an obscure little game called Grand Theft Auto is
due
> > out in a few weeks.
>
> Only a few weeks? I thought it would be a few months away at least. Have
> they confirmed yet whether it is to be a remake of an old GTA or a new
game?

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"Jerry P. Danzig" <jpdanzig@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> My understanding is the PSP GTA will be a new game, set in Liberty City...

Just what is needed, thanks.

> Lumines is digital crack. Wipeout rules.

Those visuals in Lumines make you think you're on crack. The music is great
too.

RnR Lesnar

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote:

>I will "Enquire" why you are such a dumb ass.

Brilliant comeback. What are you, eleven?

Joe

Wolverine wrote:

> IMHO, Untold Legends rocks, and is by far the best of the launch
> titles.

Ug, really? Does it get better? I'm only an hour or so into it but not very
impressed. I was expecting something more along the lines of a perfect
scaling down on Champions of Norrath or Baldur's Gate: DA. Does the story at
least get interesting?

-Z-

No, PSP RR is NOT the same game as the one on the PS2. The new game
introduces nitro, which you earn when you drift. Also, there are supposed
to be new tracks in addition to some of the old ones...

I was never a fan of RR on the PS2, but I like the PSP version with nitro...
Very challenging, and packing eye power in every pixel!

> No, PSP RR is NOT the same game as the one on the PS2. The new game
> introduces nitro, which you earn when you drift. Also, there are supposed
> to be new tracks in addition to some of the old ones...

So in other words, they added a few extra bells and whistles to the same
game, sorta like the GBA Super Mario reissues.

--
This post brought to you by Dammitol.
Dammitol: We can't get rid of the stress,

"The Eternal Lost Lurker" <shirikage@shirigakure.ne.butt> wrote in message

Why are you so hot and bothered over the PSP if you don't own one or are
interested in purchasing one?
Trolling, trolling, trolling, keep that flamebait rolling

"Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message

> "The Eternal Lost Lurker" <shirikage@shirigakure.ne.butt> wrote in message
>
> Why are you so hot and bothered over the PSP if you don't own one or are
> interested in purchasing one?
> Trolling, trolling, trolling, keep that flamebait rolling

It'd be trolling if this were a PSP newsgroup...which it isn't. :p

--

"The Envious Lost Lameass Loser Troll" wrote:

> It'd be trolling if this were a PSP newsgroup...which it isn't. :p

Yeah ok trollboy

> "The Envious Lost Lameass Loser Troll" wrote:

No need for me to mangle your handle. It already describes your tendencies
quite sufficiently.

> > It'd be trolling if this were a PSP newsgroup...which it isn't. :p
>
> Yeah ok trollboy

This is alt.games.video.sony-playstation2.

*2*. Not *P*.

Try a little harder next time, buttpirate.

--
This post brought to you by Dammitol.
Dammitol: We can't get rid of the stress,
but we can help with the headache.
The Eternal Lost Lurker
(Shodaime Shirikage)
www.lurkerdrome.com