PSP sells over 500,000 in two days

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Up to this time, PSP sales figures have been Usenet twits blowing it
out their huge asses. Notice the official sales report specifies sell
through.

http://www.us.playstation.com/pressreleases.aspx?id=268

PSP™ (PLAYSTATION® PORTABLE) SELLS MORE THAN A HALF MILLION UNITS IN
ITS FIRST TWO DAYS AND GENERATES OVER $150 MILLION IN FIRST WEEK SALES
SETTING NEW INDUSTRY BENCHMARK

Initial Sales Data Demonstrates PSP is the
Must Have Product of 2005

FOSTER CITY, Calif., April 7, 2005 Sony Computer Entertainment America
Inc. announced today that the first week sales of the PSP™
(PlayStation® Portable) handheld entertainment system generated more
than $150 million at North American retailers, outpacing the launch
week sales for any other product in the space. Additionally, demand
drove the sell through of over 500,000 PSP Value Packs in the first two
days alone an unprecedented number further validating PSP as the most
anticipated product of 2005 and an industry altering force and remained
strong throughout the first week. Making the $150 million mark all the
more spectacular, PSP sales were achieved during a traditionally slower
non-holiday season launch, and during a period when many retailers were
closed for Easter.

"The launch of PSP was everything we hoped for, with extraordinary
consumer demand driving sales of hardware units alone upwards of $150
million in first week sales, far and away above those generated by any
other product in the space," said Kaz Hirai, president and chief
executive officer, Sony Computer Entertainment America. "In only two
weeks, PSP is having an immediate impact across the entire industry as
consumers are clearly voting it the product of the year in 2005."

"GameStop, Inc. has seen an extraordinary cross section of consumers
come through our doors including hard core gamers, business men and
women of all ages looking to get a PSP," said Dan DeMatteo,
vice-chairman and chief operational officer, GameStop Inc. "The overall
entertainment value of PSP is giving it a mass appeal beyond any other
product we have ever carried."

Setting a new standard as the first-ever integrated portable
entertainment system designed to provide consumers with a comprehensive
entertainment experience including games, music, movies, communication,
and wireless networking, PSP launched in North America on March 24 to
extraordinary consumer demand. Already a sensation in Japan with
upwards of 1 million units sold to date, the North American launch of
PSP saw lines snaking for blocks at retailers across the nation with
many locations extending business hours for midnight sales or early
openings to accommodate anxious consumers. Thousands of PSP fans at
special Sony Computer Entertainment America hosted events in San
Francisco and New York even braved rain and sleet to be among the first
to experience PSP.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Blig Merk wrote:

> Up to this time, PSP sales figures have been Usenet twits blowing it
> out their huge asses. Notice the official sales report specifies sell
> through.

This is going to hurt Fred so bad he'll never felch you again.

-Z-
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

In article <1-adnefaGazvpMrfRVn-qg@giganews.com>,
zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net says...
>
>Blig Merk wrote:
>
>> Up to this time, PSP sales figures have been Usenet twits blowing it
>> out their huge asses. Notice the official sales report specifies sell
>> through.
>
>This is going to hurt Fred so bad he'll never felch you again.
>
>-Z-
>
>

What blows my mind is that he will be in here tomorrow spending time on
something he hates. What in the world would possess a person to spend time on
something they hate? This guy has the same mindset of a terrorist and that is
a scary thought. I really hope that Fred finds a nice hobby because hate is a
terrible hobby to have. With that said I will be leaving him alone and hope
that he starts making constructive post in newsgroups for videogame systems he
enjoys.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Blig Merk wrote:
> Up to this time, PSP sales figures have been Usenet twits blowing it
> out their huge asses. Notice the official sales report specifies
sell
> through.

Hrrrrmph.

I was out today looking for a new PS2, as my old one (a launch model)
broke about a month ago. Everyplace I went had PSPs, but very few had
a PS2 in stock. (Target finally did).

I'm sure the PSP sold fairly well, but they are not particularly hard
to find, I doubt they sold their entire inventory. Unless they mean to
retailers.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Zackman" <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote

>> Up to this time, PSP sales figures have been Usenet twits blowing it
>> out their huge asses. Notice the official sales report specifies sell
>> through.

> This is going to hurt Fred so bad

This is the same report we saw eariler.

> he'll never felch you again.

That's what you're gunning with? Are you so intimidated that you're going
nuclear round two? lol.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:muP5e.378$xE2.65@fed1read04...

> What blows my mind is that he will be in here tomorrow spending time on
> something he hates. What in the world would possess a person to spend time
> on
> something they hate? This guy has the same mindset of a terrorist and that
> is
> a scary thought. I really hope that Fred finds a nice hobby because hate
> is a
> terrible hobby to have. With that said I will be leaving him alone and
> hope
> that he starts making constructive post in newsgroups for videogame
> systems he
> enjoys.

As opposed to people like you that try to instigate and antagonize these
people you feel bad for?

You're a winnar! Just like your mom says!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Target, yesterday, had roughly the same amount of PSPs they had last week.
Obviously Nintendo did a better job of allocation in their launch.

"Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:115gv8ia1l9vs5b@news.supernews.com...
> Blig Merk wrote:
>> Up to this time, PSP sales figures have been Usenet twits blowing it
>> out their huge asses. Notice the official sales report specifies
> sell
>> through.
>
> Hrrrrmph.
>
> I was out today looking for a new PS2, as my old one (a launch model)
> broke about a month ago. Everyplace I went had PSPs, but very few had
> a PS2 in stock. (Target finally did).
>
> I'm sure the PSP sold fairly well, but they are not particularly hard
> to find, I doubt they sold their entire inventory. Unless they mean to
> retailers.
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
news:425a9b8c$0$2701$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com...
> Target, yesterday, had roughly the same amount of PSPs they had last week.
> Obviously Nintendo did a better job of allocation in their launch.

A worse job, you mean, since there were people who wanted one and couldn't
find it for weeks. Nintendo only allocated 500,000, which sold out in the
first week. Sony allocated 1,000,000, and sold 600,000 the first week.

Between a company not supplying enough units to meet demand, and a company
supplying more units than the demand, I'd say that the latter is a "better
job."

> "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:115gv8ia1l9vs5b@news.supernews.com...
> > Blig Merk wrote:
> >> Up to this time, PSP sales figures have been Usenet twits blowing it
> >> out their huge asses. Notice the official sales report specifies
> > sell
> >> through.
> >
> > Hrrrrmph.
> >
> > I was out today looking for a new PS2, as my old one (a launch model)
> > broke about a month ago. Everyplace I went had PSPs, but very few had
> > a PS2 in stock. (Target finally did).
> >
> > I'm sure the PSP sold fairly well, but they are not particularly hard
> > to find, I doubt they sold their entire inventory. Unless they mean to
> > retailers.
> >
> >
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote

>> Target, yesterday, had roughly the same amount of PSPs they had last
>> week.
>> Obviously Nintendo did a better job of allocation in their launch.
>
> A worse job, you mean,

No, a much better job.

> since there were people who wanted one and couldn't
> find it for weeks.

That's the same thing that's happening for the PSP, people can't find them
because allocation was off. They sit in displays in towns that don't have
any demand for them.

> Nintendo only allocated 500,000, which sold out in the
> first week. Sony allocated 1,000,000, and sold 600,000 the first week.

No, I mean allocated to areas.

> Between a company not supplying enough units to meet demand, and a company
> supplying more units than the demand, I'd say that the latter is a "better
> job."

Not if you don't put them in markets that want them and keep them out of
those that do.

See what I'm saying? It's what the analysts said.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Whare are your stats on this?

RnR Lesnar


"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
news:425ac7a4$0$2711$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com...
> "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote
>
>>> Target, yesterday, had roughly the same amount of PSPs they had last
>>> week.
>>> Obviously Nintendo did a better job of allocation in their launch.
>>
>> A worse job, you mean,
>
> No, a much better job.
>
>> since there were people who wanted one and couldn't
>> find it for weeks.
>
> That's the same thing that's happening for the PSP, people can't find them
> because allocation was off. They sit in displays in towns that don't have
> any demand for them.
>
>> Nintendo only allocated 500,000, which sold out in the
>> first week. Sony allocated 1,000,000, and sold 600,000 the first week.
>
> No, I mean allocated to areas.
>
>> Between a company not supplying enough units to meet demand, and a
>> company
>> supplying more units than the demand, I'd say that the latter is a
>> "better
>> job."
>
> Not if you don't put them in markets that want them and keep them out of
> those that do.
>
> See what I'm saying? It's what the analysts said.
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

In article <425a9b12$1$2707$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
>
>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>news:muP5e.378$xE2.65@fed1read04...
>
>> What blows my mind is that he will be in here tomorrow spending time on
>> something he hates. What in the world would possess a person to spend time
>> on
>> something they hate? This guy has the same mindset of a terrorist and that
>> is
>> a scary thought. I really hope that Fred finds a nice hobby because hate
>> is a
>> terrible hobby to have. With that said I will be leaving him alone and
>> hope
>> that he starts making constructive post in newsgroups for videogame
>> systems he
>> enjoys.
>
>As opposed to people like you that try to instigate and antagonize these
>people you feel bad for?
>
>You're a winnar! Just like your mom says!
>
>
Hello, is anybody in there. Let me get this straight. I atagonize and
instigate people who are in a Playstation newsgroup? The only people who
should be in here are people who are interested in the PS, PS2 and the PSP. If
your not interested in these platforms and your not interested in seeing them
do well then guess what? BAM!!! Right...you shouldn't be in here.

Momma says I do everything well if you know what I mean.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:JVy6e.752$xE2.732@fed1read04...
> In article <425a9b12$1$2707$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
> Momma says I do everything well if you know what I mean.


girl 1: So what, everyone french kisses.
girl 2: Yeah, but daddy says I'm the best!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:JVy6e.752$xE2.732@fed1read04...

>>As opposed to people like you that try to instigate and antagonize these
>>people you feel bad for?
>>
>>You're a winnar! Just like your mom says!

> Hello, is anybody in there. Let me get this straight. I atagonize and
> instigate people who are in a Playstation newsgroup?

Playstation 2 group. Keep it straight.

> The only people who
> should be in here are people who are interested in the PS, PS2 and the
> PSP.

That's bullshit. This is a PS2 newsgroup. It's for discussion of the PS2.
You don't have to like the PSP or the PSX, although I do.

> If
> your not interested in these platforms and your not interested in seeing
> them
> do well then guess what? BAM!!! Right...you shouldn't be in here.

I've bought two PS2's and have stacks of games for it.

> Momma says I do everything well if you know what I mean.

Yes, she is easily satisfied.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
news:425ac711$0$2660$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com...

Jeeez O man dude, you're beat.
Live with it, Deal with it!
The PSP is a huge success and it will become (if not already) the dominant
handheld gaming device in this generation on the planet.
You said differently, you have been proven wrong time and time again.
Go play in threads not concerning the PSP.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message
news:TeCdne4z3PVkRsffRVn-pg@suscom.com...

> You said differently, you have been proven wrong time and time again.

When have I said something wrong? You're pretty dumb.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

In article <425a9b8c$0$2701$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
>
>Target, yesterday, had roughly the same amount of PSPs they had last week.
>Obviously Nintendo did a better job of allocation in their launch.


Another batch of satisfied PSP owners leaving Freds local Target.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:MWy6e.753$xE2.499@fed1read04...

>>Target, yesterday, had roughly the same amount of PSPs they had last week.
>>Obviously Nintendo did a better job of allocation in their launch.
>
> Another batch of satisfied PSP owners leaving Freds local Target.

I don't know that.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
news:425ac711$1$2660$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com...
> "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:MWy6e.753$xE2.499@fed1read04...
>
>>>Target, yesterday, had roughly the same amount of PSPs they had last
>>>week.
>>>Obviously Nintendo did a better job of allocation in their launch.
>>
>> Another batch of satisfied PSP owners leaving Freds local Target.
>
> I don't know that.


If they had the same amount last week, Sony should be commended for keeping
stores stocked so no one goes home empty handed.

RnR Lesnar
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:d3en3m$8f6$1@news.datasync.com...

> If they had the same amount last week, Sony should be commended for
> keeping stores stocked so no one goes home empty handed.

Not when there is a shortage someplace else or in some larger area. Duh.

That's where Nintendo was better at allocating stock with the DS.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

You couldn't find DS's anywhere. Nintendo didn't meet demand. Anyone who
wants a PSP can get one via most local retailers or online retailers.

RnR Lesnar


"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
news:425af7c6$0$2690$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com...
> "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:d3en3m$8f6$1@news.datasync.com...
>
>> If they had the same amount last week, Sony should be commended for
>> keeping stores stocked so no one goes home empty handed.
>
> Not when there is a shortage someplace else or in some larger area. Duh.
>
> That's where Nintendo was better at allocating stock with the DS.
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

In article <7-6dnQiH7YApXMffRVn-pQ@suscom.com>, lightenup@francis.news says...
>
>
>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>news:JVy6e.752$xE2.732@fed1read04...
>> In article <425a9b12$1$2707$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
>> Momma says I do everything well if you know what I mean.
>
>
>girl 1: So what, everyone french kisses.
>girl 2: Yeah, but daddy says I'm the best!
>
>
Exactly what I was thinking about. LOL!!!!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:wGB6e.765$xE2.617@fed1read04...
> In article <7-6dnQiH7YApXMffRVn-pQ@suscom.com>, lightenup@francis.news
> says...
>>
>>
>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>>news:JVy6e.752$xE2.732@fed1read04...
>>> In article <425a9b12$1$2707$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
>>> Momma says I do everything well if you know what I mean.
>>
>>
>>girl 1: So what, everyone french kisses.
>>girl 2: Yeah, but daddy says I'm the best!
>>
>>
> Exactly what I was thinking about. LOL!!!!

I love that movie!
It reminds me of what home life must be for Fred.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

In article <425ac711$0$2660$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
>
>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>news:JVy6e.752$xE2.732@fed1read04...
>
>>>As opposed to people like you that try to instigate and antagonize these
>>>people you feel bad for?
>>>
>>>You're a winnar! Just like your mom says!
>
>> Hello, is anybody in there. Let me get this straight. I atagonize and
>> instigate people who are in a Playstation newsgroup?
>
>Playstation 2 group. Keep it straight.
>
Anything Playstation related. I got it down pat sweet pea.

>> The only people who
>> should be in here are people who are interested in the PS, PS2 and the
>> PSP.
>
>That's bullshit. This is a PS2 newsgroup. It's for discussion of the PS2.
>You don't have to like the PSP or the PSX, although I do.
>
Its for anything Playstation and hamster(hamster lovin especially) talk is
okay too.

>> If
>> your not interested in these platforms and your not interested in seeing
>> them
>> do well then guess what? BAM!!! Right...you shouldn't be in here.
>
>I've bought two PS2's and have stacks of games for it.
>
>> Momma says I do everything well if you know what I mean.
>
>Yes, she is easily satisfied.
>
>
I know!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:pIB6e.766$xE2.517@fed1read04...

>>> The only people who
>>> should be in here are people who are interested in the PS, PS2 and the
>>> PSP.
>>
>>That's bullshit. This is a PS2 newsgroup. It's for discussion of the
>>PS2.
>>You don't have to like the PSP or the PSX, although I do.
>>
> Its for anything Playstation and hamster(hamster lovin especially) talk is
> okay too.

No, it's for Playstation 2 explicitly, not Playstation or PSP. Both are off
topic here.
Eat a smart pill, or simmer down, please.
 

TRENDING THREADS