psu 2x6 pin connector

Mindhax

Commendable
Jun 16, 2017
I have gtx 570 which requires 2x6pin connector but the thing is that i opened the pc case and checked the psu ( ATX 500W P4(i assume it's 4pin?) )
So my question is: What can i do except buying new psu?
I can't afford another psu, have checked the prices and min. i can find is 50$.
Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Generally, if your PSU doesn't have the appropriate connectors, using it is a bad idea. Connectors exist, but unless the PSU is a quality unit and the only reason it lacks some connectors is it's age, the connectors/adapters are a bad idea.

Your PSU sounds like it's just a generic PSU, labelled 500W which, in all likelihood is a blatant lie. That model name shows up as branded by both Dynex and Apevia........which is not a good sign.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Avoid IMMEDIATELY. These units are highly unsafe to use. No such protections added, very thin gauge wiring used, false advertising and too much to list. Reference to a higher tiered unit for a better, money saving and a much safer...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Generally, if your PSU doesn't have the appropriate connectors, using it is a bad idea. Connectors exist, but unless the PSU is a quality unit and the only reason it lacks some connectors is it's age, the connectors/adapters are a bad idea.

Your PSU sounds like it's just a generic PSU, labelled 500W which, in all likelihood is a blatant lie. That model name shows up as branded by both Dynex and Apevia........which is not a good sign.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Avoid IMMEDIATELY. These units are highly unsafe to use. No such protections added, very thin gauge wiring used, false advertising and too much to list. Reference to a higher tiered unit for a better, money saving and a much safer unit. For your safety's sake, please don't order or pick one up for use in your system. These units are a potential fire hazard and could even kill you, let alone your system.

Apevia
Dynex

Considering the GTX 570 is a 219W TDP card, running that on any generic (junk), dated PSU with adapters etc is just asking for trouble.
Best case, nothing works.
Worst case, the PSU explodes.

Buy a new, quality PSU if you want to run a 570. Simple as that.

Solution

Mindhax

Commendable
Jun 16, 2017
Im still searchin for new psu because as i checked on their website (gainward) , gtx 570 needs 1x6 and 1x8(or 1x6+2 pin connector) Total:14. So, can i use 2x6pin connector for the gpu?( if u didn't understand, requires 1x6,1x8)