[SOLVED] PSU 8+8 pin, MB 8+4pin

Jul 25, 2021
I just got a super flower 750w PSU and an MSI X570 MB. The PSU only had 2 8 pin cpu power connectors, and the motherboard had an 8 pin and a 4 pin CPU power connector. Is there any way to connect the 8 pin connector to the 4 pin on the motherboard?

Solution
Hi Juancho (y)and Welcome to the Forum :D

Most times you can split apart the other 8pin connector for a 4pin without having to get a dedicated 4pin cable.
Not 100% sure with your MB but 4pin is usually optional to provide backup power when Overclocking.
There are a number of variants to MSI X570, GODLIKE, ACE, and UNIFY etc.
Check in your manual or list your specific board for better help.
Hi Juancho (y)and Welcome to the Forum :D

Most times you can split apart the other 8pin connector for a 4pin without having to get a dedicated 4pin cable.
Not 100% sure with your MB but 4pin is usually optional to provide backup power when Overclocking.
There are a number of variants to MSI X570, GODLIKE, ACE, and UNIFY etc.
Check in your manual or list your specific board for better help.

Solution
Jul 25, 2021
Thanks MeanMachine! It does split, I feel pretty stupid but idk if I ever would've noticed that. The motherboard is an x570 gaming pro carbon. One more stupid question... Is it totally fine to leave the other half of the connector just dangling in my case?

Thanks MeanMachine! It does split, I feel pretty stupid but idk if I ever would've noticed that. The motherboard is an x570 gaming pro carbon. One more stupid question... Is it totally fine to leave the other half of the connector just dangling in my case?

Yes, I've got a few danglers myself with no issue lol.
Your 4pin according to your manual does not indicate whether or not it is required so best supply it when in doubt.