[SOLVED] PSU advice for a budget pc

Jan 2, 2019
Which psu can you recommend for a budget PC (around 50-80 euros)?
Ryzen 3 2200g (will probably get something like a 5th gen Ryzen 5)
Rx 6600, or the XT version or gtx 1660 Super
500gb m2 ssd
2x8ddr4
Gigabyte B450M DS3H
I'm buying in Germany. What do you think about buying a used psu?

Solution
Happy New Year!

I would advise against buying used since there's no way to verify what the PSU was powering prior to it being sold off, meaning you have to rely on the seller's word, which isn't a good thing to do...given what has transpired during the pandemic and prior to that with sued goods.

You're spending a good amount on the rest of the system, I'd advise on adding more to that budget and picking up a reliably built PSU with slightly more wattage than what the entire system will need, like a 650W unit.

Lutfij

Titan
Happy New Year!

I would advise against buying used since there's no way to verify what the PSU was powering prior to it being sold off, meaning you have to rely on the seller's word, which isn't a good thing to do...given what has transpired during the pandemic and prior to that with sued goods.

You're spending a good amount on the rest of the system, I'd advise on adding more to that budget and picking up a reliably built PSU with slightly more wattage than what the entire system will need, like a 650W unit.

Solution

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
What do you think about buying a used psu?

Worst idea ever.

Which psu can you recommend for a budget PC (around 50-80 euros)?

No quality units at that range. Better add more money to PSU budget and get good quality unit, e.g one of these,
pcpp: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/RzfFf7,bwcRsY,WJM48d/

Seasonic PRIME GX-650 is on sale actually, at €119,
link: https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/seasonic+prime+gx+650w+pc+netzteil+634963

Great PSU with 12 years of warranty.

(All 3 of my PCs are also powered by Seasonic, full specs with pics in my sig. I have two Seasonic PRIME TX-650 and one Seasonic Focus PX-550 PSUs.)