[SOLVED] PSU advice needed for 30 series gpu

Sep 26, 2020
Looking to upgrade the PSU in my Pc from Thermaltake Smart SE 630w bronze unit to one of the following:
Corsair TX750M (2017) (semi modular)
XPG Core Reactor 750w (modular)
Coolermaster MWE 750 Gold V2 (the newer model) (modular)

I would consider the RM750x but it's availability is limited in my country and costs $20 more. The above mentioned PSUs cost almost exactly the same. I have looked at the psu tier list, TX750M and Core Reactor 750w are listed as Tier A psus. No information on the MWE Gold V2 so far.

specs of my PC:
8600k 4.7Ghz @ 1.3v
16gb 3000Mhz
gtx 1070 (looking to upgrade to 30 series)

Which of these PSUs will be best for my PC?

Solution
Welcome to the forums my friend!

XPG Core Reactor
I wouldn't, whilst a great unit, in comparison to the others it gets a frankly pathetic 3 year warranty from my understanding.

Coolermaster MWE 750 Gold V2
Same as above really, good unit, poor warranty when compared to others, this one comes with a 5 year warranty.

Corsair TX750M
Great unit, and 7 year warranty.

Corsair RM750X
Don't throw it out yet, it may be $20 more, but it is also preferable over the TXM and also has 10 year warranty, so in reality, your paying $20 for better, and 3 more years guaranteed cover.

if I were to put those in order:
  1. Corsair RMx
  2. Corsair TXM
  3. CM MWE Gold
  4. XPG
The RMx is 20$ more...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

XPG Core Reactor
I wouldn't, whilst a great unit, in comparison to the others it gets a frankly pathetic 3 year warranty from my understanding.

Same as above really, good unit, poor warranty when compared to others, this one comes with a 5 year warranty.

Corsair TX750M

Corsair RM750X
Don't throw it out yet, it may be $20 more, but it is also preferable over the TXM and also has 10 year warranty, so in reality, your paying $20 for better, and 3 more years guaranteed cover.

1. Corsair RMx
  2. Corsair TXM
  3. CM MWE Gold
  4. XPG
The RMx is 20$ more than the TXM usually for a reason :) !
I say all this because whilst all would serve your system well, get the best value one that guarantees you for longer too.

Solution
Sep 26, 2020

XPG Core Reactor

Corsair TX750M

Corsair RM750X

1. Corsair RMx
  2. Corsair TXM
  3. CM MWE Gold
  4. XPG
The RMx is 20$ more than the TXM usually for a reason :) !
I say all this because whilst all would serve your system well, get the best value one that guarantees you for longer too.
Hi, thanks for the quick and thoughtful reply.
I have read the review written on the XPG Core Reactor on tomshardware before taking it into consideration. According to the review, XPG provides a 10 year warranty on the Core Reactor. Same as RMx. It costs the same as TXm which comes with a 7 year warranty. The only negative about XPG i could find is load regulation at +12v rail. Can you help me understand if XPG performs better than TXm as the latter is at the top of my consideration.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Hi, thanks for the quick and thoughtful reply.
I have read the review written on the XPG Core Reactor on tomshardware before taking it into consideration. According to the review, XPG provides a 10 year warranty on the Core Reactor.
Apologies, you are correct, I read misinformation!

In which case bump it up, my only understanding is it can be slightly louder at higher loads, than say, the RMx. Ultimately you still get 3 extra years warranty with the XPG over the TXM. But it's a great unit.

Reactions: zaidchaudhrry