Question PSU advice required

Nov 9, 2020
first of all please be nice!
i got the gtx 1650s running it on 500w (power supply hec raptor 500w watt) of course it's [censored] but i'm low on money to get coolermaster or seasoinc, till next month.
So is it okay to run my gpu with this psu for a month? till i get a new one ?

There was a question here on the forum in 2011 about if the HEC Raptor 500W was good enough.
The reply then was "its an old outdated design, not very efficient, and has the 12V capabilities of a 400W unit, i wouldnt waste money on it ".

Nine years later, it's still not recommended.

Reactions: Archaic59
Nov 9, 2020
well i'm low on money right now to get a brand one, but i'm running my pc like 5 or 6 hours a day and playing games like red dead 2etc on high not ultra can that hold up for only 1 month? till i get a new psu? also is it danger for this psu if my house power cut off

first of all please be nice!
i got the gtx 1650s running it on 500w (power supply hec raptor 500w watt) of course it's [censored] but i'm low on money to get coolermaster or seasoinc, till next month.
So is it okay to run my gpu with this psu for a month? till i get a new one ?
What you need to understand is the power supply is the first component you consider before upgrading anything in the system. Your HEC PSU is junk and won't even manage 375 watts on +12 volt. You need to replace the power supply before doing any upgrades.

Good advice above. It's worth remembering that if an inadequate PSU suddenly fails it can damage other components (like that GPU you just shelled out for).
If your PC has an iGPU I'd advise you to use that until you can afford a decent PSU, even though it means no gaming in the meantime.