[SOLVED] PSU and Case compatability

Jul 13, 2020
First time posting here, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I just purchased the cooler master mb311l case. My PSU is a Corsair CV650 Atx power supply.

The PSU is a compact 125 mm length and when installed in the case the PSU fan only goes over the exhaust vent on the case about 3/4 of the way. 1/4 is covered up.

Is this going to be an issue? Will it be risky in any way to the safety of the PSU? Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Full build:
GPU:GTX 1650 Super windforce OC 4gb
CPU: Intel i3 9100f
Ram:16gb(8x2) hyper fury x 2666mhz
Mobo:gigabyte B365M DS3H
PSU: Corsair cv650 80+br

Solution
I don't think it'll be an issue. Your build doesn't have a huge power draw at all, you might've been just fine with a lower wattage PSU (your GPU's recommended minimum system wattage is 350). Lower power draw will come with a lower heat output. I'd maybe be cautious if you were using components that could max out the PSU's entire 650W limit, however for the majority of the time that your current PC is in use, you wont come anywhere near that.

If you're still worried though, listen in on your PSU while under heavier load (graphics heavy gaming, workbench apps, etc) to see whether or not the fan sounds like it's straining or struggling to keep up with airflow.
I don't think it'll be an issue. Your build doesn't have a huge power draw at all, you might've been just fine with a lower wattage PSU (your GPU's recommended minimum system wattage is 350). Lower power draw will come with a lower heat output. I'd maybe be cautious if you were using components that could max out the PSU's entire 650W limit, however for the majority of the time that your current PC is in use, you wont come anywhere near that.

If you're still worried though, listen in on your PSU while under heavier load (graphics heavy gaming, workbench apps, etc) to see whether or not the fan sounds like it's straining or struggling to keep up with airflow.

Solution
Jul 13, 2020

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I'm going to go ahead and put it together. Just wanted the opinion of someone more knowledgeable first. I really appreciate it.