[SOLVED] PSU and MOBO help

Mar 31, 2020
Hey guys i'm building a budget/mid-range gaming rig for my friend and was hoping for some advice:

So far this is the setup i have:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: AMD Raedon RX 590 8GB
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)

I have a few questions about the MOBO and PSU.
I was planning to get some sort of B450, a little unsure which one to go for, was looking at MSI B450-A PRO MAX, MSI B450m-A PRO MAX and the MSI B450M PRO VDH MAX.

I am unsure what MOBO to choose and whether to go ATX or mATX, i've also seen recommendations of ASROCK boards so any help with this would be much appreciated.

There are also two PSUs i am considering Corsair CV550 and EVGA BR 500W they both are very similar. I read that the RX 590 requires 6 pin and 8 pin power connectors, is this compatible with either of these PSUs?
Lastly is a 550WATT PSU enough for this setup?

Any help much appreciated and i am open to any changes or recommendations.
Thanks,
Jamie

Solution
The B450A-PRO is the only one that I would confidently put a 95W+ CPU in. The others, I won't. I know you will be using the 2600, but considering how upgradeable the AM4 platform is, you should strongly consider the B450A-PRO.

I would neither get the CV nor the BR. The only cheap PSU I'd get is the Corsair CX or maybe the BeQuiet System Power 9. A 550W would be enough, but make sure you are getting something that isn't too cheap. The CX and the System Power 9 are the very least for that kind of build.
The B450A-PRO is the only one that I would confidently put a 95W+ CPU in. The others, I won't. I know you will be using the 2600, but considering how upgradeable the AM4 platform is, you should strongly consider the B450A-PRO.

I would neither get the CV nor the BR. The only cheap PSU I'd get is the Corsair CX or maybe the BeQuiet System Power 9. A 550W would be enough, but make sure you are getting something that isn't too cheap. The CX and the System Power 9 are the very least for that kind of build.

Solution