PSU ANTEC 650W, gtx 560, and MSI MB

lalevic

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Hello,
I just built a new machine with the following:
PSU ANTEC|650W Green
MB MSI|P67A-C43
Works fine with a nVidia GT220 but not with my GTX560.
It powers up, just no video. The GTX560 works fine in my old machine. I'm perplexed.

lalevic

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
The machine powers up normally, no beeps, keyboard responds to caps, numlock, etc., so it appears the machine booted normally.
The GTX560 has two 6 pin connectors hooked up to the PS. The video card fan does spin up. Everything appears normal, just no video.

I put in an old GT220, video is fine. Put the GTX560 into the old machine, it works fine.

lalevic

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Didn't OC anything, wanted to make sure it worked before changing anything. The bad connector is the only thing I can think of as well. Going to dig up an old PS and try that I guess.

casualbuilder

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Only thing else i can think of, as silly as it is, is that the pci-e slot isn't compatible. Is it a 2.0? not sure about the 220, but i know the 560 absolutely needs a pci-e 2.0. just a thought while you are scratching your head. Ill dig up some information on how the MoBo to GPU relationship works, and if there is anything that could be wrong with them. What mobo do you have? this has me very curious!

casualbuilder

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
hmm...not sure then. do you have a PSU tool to check if it is working correctly? the more im thinking about it, the more im thinking its a bad connector. also, check to see if there was another 6-pin that came with your psu and try that, or if its modular, just check another port for that particular cable. ill do some research later tonight when i get home from work. im restricted to the things i can look at here.

Twiister

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011

did you get it working??
and how do you update a bios
i got a hpe-475uk and i just got a gtx560 (non ti) card and the same thing happens but i havn't put the 2 6pin power supply in would it work if i fully power it or do i have to also update bios??