[SOLVED] PSU bad sound

Nov 9, 2019
Hello!

My PSU is making a wierd noise. It sounds like it's coming from the PSU fan and it comes on randomly. It only lasts not for so long and doesn't happen during gaming or while benchmarking. My PC is prebuilt and i already sent it back once but they didn't find the problem because the sound comes on very rarely. The question is if i should send it back once again which i don't really want to do as it will take a long time. Is it dangerous if i don't send it back? PSU sound

Solution
Okay it is not the best but then again it is more than okay. Personally I worry if there are any sounds from the PSU as that could be a sign of something breaking at some point. I would try and get it back to them and demand a replacement (send a copy of the sound file as well). Failing a positive response look to change the PSU during your next upgrade cycle...soon....
Nov 9, 2019
This is a tough one as it sounds like the PSU fan might be catching ever so slightly against something in the PSU. Where did you get the PC from and the make and model would be good to know....

I live in Sweden and got my PC from a company in Denmark. It's a custom PC but i had professionals building it for me. My PSU is FSP Raider 750 watt Silver certified 88+

Last edited:
Okay it is not the best but then again it is more than okay. Personally I worry if there are any sounds from the PSU as that could be a sign of something breaking at some point. I would try and get it back to them and demand a replacement (send a copy of the sound file as well). Failing a positive response look to change the PSU during your next upgrade cycle...soon....

Solution
Nov 9, 2019

Ok i'll send it back then. Thanks for helping me out!