[SOLVED] PC only boot after PSU green black wire check

h0007

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
Hello,

I have a mystery to submit to you. Yesterday I put my PC to sleep. It fails weirdly: the LED shows that is was not in sleep (still instead of blinking), but all fans were stopped. After several try to put it out of sleep, I hard shut the computer. Since that operation, Powering ON the PC is impossible, pressing the case button or the motherboard start button does not do anything (no fan activation, nothing). I cleared CMOS in vain. When the PSU is plugged on the motherboard, some ambient light are powered ON (sound card light in red).

Troubleshot: I unplugged the motherboard from the PSU, then I connect green & black wire, the fan of the PSU works (PSU seems OK).
I plugged everything back to the motherboard, I hit the case power ON button, the PC boot normally.
I shut down the PC. Then I press the case power ON button, the PC does not boot.
I repeated the green & black wire test, then plugged everything back and power ON with the case: the PC boot.

Do you see what could cause that kind of problem? Thank you very much for your help, your consideration.

Regards.

Solution
About just unplug the 24 pins power cable, then plug it in again, but don't connect that green/black wire.
If the PC will not boot, after unplug and plug back the 24 pins cable. But the PC can boot, after you connected the green/black cable only, and plug back the 24 pins cable. I think something wrong about the power, like the wire( modular cable ), MB/PSU/case, or the short circuit.

h0007

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
Hey Cin19, thanks for your reply. I hit the button of the case but also the one directly onto the motherboard, wouldn't that mean that the problem is not button of the case related?

About just unplug the 24 pins power cable, then plug it in again, but don't connect that green/black wire.
If the PC will not boot, after unplug and plug back the 24 pins cable. But the PC can boot, after you connected the green/black cable only, and plug back the 24 pins cable. I think something wrong about the power, like the wire( modular cable ), MB/PSU/case, or the short circuit.

Solution

h0007

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
Sorry for delay I will try that tonight when back home. Thank you for your help.