[SOLVED] PSU Buzzing Noise

Yoshiro

Prominent
Nov 13, 2020
I recently built my new pc but I started to notice a buzzing noise that seems to be coming from the PSU. However, whenever press on the screw on the back of the case for the PSU, it stops. I am wondering how I am able to fix this. I have a Corsair rm 850x.

Solution
I recently built my new pc but I started to notice a buzzing noise that seems to be coming from the PSU. However, whenever press on the screw on the back of the case for the PSU, it stops. I am wondering how I am able to fix this. I have a Corsair rm 850x.

Well.. that's interesting.

It's one of two things:

1. A vibration, as everyone else is mentioning. But it wouldn't come from the fan because the PSU fan only runs when the PC is under heavy load/high temperatures.

2. Bad ground! The PSU is trying to send leakage current from the safety capacitors to ground and the contact is intermittent. When you touch the screw, YOU become the ground.

Well.. that's interesting.

It's one of two things:

1. A vibration, as everyone else is mentioning. But it wouldn't come from the fan because the PSU fan only runs when the PC is under heavy load/high temperatures.

2. Bad ground! The PSU is trying to send leakage current from the safety capacitors to ground and the contact is intermittent. When you touch the screw, YOU become the ground.

Solution