Question PSU buzzing sound

Jul 9, 2020
Hello there,

I recently started experiencing a strange buzzing sound coming from my only 1 year old Thermaltake PSU.
The exact model is: Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB (850W)

The strange thing is that It worked fine, until I added an additional 8 pin EPS cable for my new graphics card.
I assumed at first that this caused the problem and I tried different cables from the PSU bag and different slots on the PSU as well but no luck there.

It's also completely random when it happens and for how long (sometimes only once a day, for just three seconds, sometimes it lasts over a minute).
The buzzing is also not related to the load of the system, I tried different load tests and saw no difference.

I haven't found anybody online with a similar "buzzing" sound.
Most of the threads I found were related to coil whining and I am pretty sure that is not what I am hearing.

If anybody has any idea on what this could be, I would really appreciate your help.

The Buzzing:

Thank you all in advance for the help, cheers.

I don't think it matters as much what it is as...do you want to trust all of your other components with it?
I don't think you are going to fix it easily...and I think it's a potential problem because it comes and goes as you said....and I think that anything that "comes and goes" with a PSU is a bad thing and increases the potential for failure.
So if it were me....I would be replacing it or RMAing it.