PSU Cable Confusion

OMGitsSKYE

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014
I'm setting up my first computer, and I'm currently working on cables. I have a XFX XTR 750W PSU and an Asus Z-87 Pro mobo, and I can't figure out how to plug in all the psu cables. I'm sorry I'm such a newb, but could I get some info please?

Solution
Yep; those cables are in there. The cable doesn't go all the way in such that you only see the wire coming out of the PSU.

It's like an AC outlet plug. Just make sure the male prongs (bad terminology) are plugged into the female, it's good. Again, sorry for the bad terminology.

OMGitsSKYE

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014

OMGitsSKYE

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014

So, I plugged both of the cables into the MB section and. they fit, just not all the way. Should I force them in?

It does require a bit of force to push them in. But please do not overdo it. As long as they are tightly in there and secured and won't fall out, it should be good.

Do you have a picture of the cables connecting to the power supply? Easy to someone to verify visually.

OMGitsSKYE

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014

Here's a picture. The far top and far bottom are connected to the same cable, one that eventually leads to the 24 pin.
http://imgur.com/jh41aGm

Yep; those cables are in there. The cable doesn't go all the way in such that you only see the wire coming out of the PSU.

It's like an AC outlet plug. Just make sure the male prongs (bad terminology) are plugged into the female, it's good. Again, sorry for the bad terminology.

Solution

OMGitsSKYE

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014

Final question: when I plug the PSU into my graphics card, I have two cables I need to plug into my PSU. That's fine right?

OMGitsSKYE

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014

Thanks so much!!