[SOLVED] PSU Cable help

Dec 29, 2018
I have an Asus b250m-a motherboard and I don't know where to put all the psu cables Please help its my first time building a pc.

Solution
Your PSU will power a couple of main things.
on that motherboard.

The main connection being a 24pin Connector which basically powers your motherboard. You'll see it on the East side of the motherboard. Biggest connection.

A 4-Pin Connector on the North - West side of your motherboard, which powers your CPU.

that is the only 2 connection from your PSU to your motherboard.

Note that your PSU will also have to be connected directly to your GFX card if you have one that requires it.

and your Hard Drive / SSD / etc.

kanewolf

Titan
That motherboard uses the 24 pin power cable and 1/2 of the CPU power. Your power supply may have a 4+4 configuration for the CPU power or may have an 8 pin. What power supply do you have? Page 1-1 in your user's manual describes the connections on the motherboard.

Andy11466

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2013
Your PSU will power a couple of main things.
on that motherboard.

The main connection being a 24pin Connector which basically powers your motherboard. You'll see it on the East side of the motherboard. Biggest connection.

A 4-Pin Connector on the North - West side of your motherboard, which powers your CPU.

that is the only 2 connection from your PSU to your motherboard.

Note that your PSU will also have to be connected directly to your GFX card if you have one that requires it.

and your Hard Drive / SSD / etc.

Solution

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
There are only two cables that connect to the motherboard from the PSU. The large 24-pin and the 4-pin (or 4+4 pin). The 24-pin cable goes to the 24-pin header. The 4 (or 4+4) pin cable goes to the 4-pin header. Page 1-1 and 1-2 of your manual will show you where those headers are located. They are ID'ed as item 1 on the sketch.

TRENDING THREADS