PSU coil whine

Aug 20, 2018
I purchased a new computer and after replace GPU I started to hear the coil whine from my PSU (Seasonic Focus Plus, 550W) so i RMA it and bought the Corsair RM850x model 2018 - 850W and I hear it again. Should i RMA it too? And yes, I'm sure it comes from the PSU.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6GB
RAM: ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 8GB DDR4 3000
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING

Solution
Interesting, both supplies use the same bridge rectifiers and APFC controllers as far as I can tell.

Coil whine is used as a general term for high pitched noises from electronics, but capacitors and other components can also generate noise.

Up to you if you want to try a third PSU or just get the RM850x replaced, but if you are actively searching for it, you are probably going to hear coil whine on everything.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Interesting, both supplies use the same bridge rectifiers and APFC controllers as far as I can tell.

Coil whine is used as a general term for high pitched noises from electronics, but capacitors and other components can also generate noise.

Up to you if you want to try a third PSU or just get the RM850x replaced, but if you are actively searching for it, you are probably going to hear coil whine on everything.

Solution
Aug 20, 2018

I want to buy EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 is a good idea?