Status
Not open for further replies.
A consolidated list of Desktop PSU/SMPS (Power Supply Units/Switch-Mode Power Supplies) for comparison of different brands and models (the link to the list below opens to a shared Google Spreadsheet, no sign-in is required):

Link: POWER SUPPLY UNIT COMPARISON TABLE - A Sortable Database of Desktop PC SMPS
(873 PSU Models listed as of last update)
(Antec, be quiet, BitFenix, Corsair, EVGA, Fractal Design, FSP, Seasonic, Silverstone, Thermaltake)

OFPkv3k.png

The main purpose of this database/table is to quickly and easily compare detailed specifications of numerous PSUs from different brands/models (not limited to models of a single brand which most manufacturer websites can only do). The table also offers filtering and sorting options, depending on the features one is looking for in a desktop PC power supply unit.

For example, one can filter the comparison to show only PSU models with Infineon MOSFETs, or, those PSUs with Half-Bridge or Full-Bridge topologies, or, those PSUs having 2x CPU 4+4pin connectors, or, one can filter and show only the models with stickers/labels of a certain color. One can also sort the filter or unfiltered table, say, the largest/smallest fan sizes, most/least number voltage or amperage on a certain rail, longest/shortest length, most/least number of SATA or Molex connectors, etc.

Photos of each PSU (product photo/box, side view with fan facing up, side view with fan facing down, rear or AC-side connector view, top or fan face view, and front or DC-side connectors view) are included and are also made to scale (1px : 2mm or 3mm) so that one can easily visualize how large or small the PSU is in relation to another PSU when compared side-by-side in terms of spatial clearance and aesthetics/looks.

References to various professional reviews and direct links to manufacturer's website are found at the far right end of the table for each PSU.

Specifications compared include the following:

GENERAL
  • Production Status/Availability (if still available or end-of-life) / Year Released
  • OEM Platform (Original Equipment Manufacturer)
  • Modularity (if Fully-Modular, Semi-Modular, or Non-Modular cables)
  • Efficiency Ratings (80 Plus and ETA ratings)
  • Warranty (number of years)
  • Subjective Tiers (Top-of-the-Line, High-End, Mainstream, or Entry-Level)
PHYSICAL
  • Form Factor
  • Dimensions (Length x Width x Height)
  • Net Weight
  • Casing Color and Label/Sticker Colors
OUTPUT POWER (DC)
  • +3.3V and +5V Rails (Current and Combined Power)
  • +12V Rails (Rail Quantity, Current and Power)
  • -12V Rail (Current and Power)
  • +5Vsb (Current and Power)
  • Total Rated Continuous Output Power and Operating Temperature
  • MTBF
  • Rated Peak Power
INPUT POWER (AC) & TRANSIENT FILTER
  • Input Range (Vac and Amp Draw)
  • X and Y Capacitors (Quantities)
  • CM and DM Chokes (Quantities)
  • M.O.V.s, T.V.S. Diodes, and NTC Thermistors
PRIMARY CIRCUIT COMPONENTS
  • PFC Topology
  • Bridge Rectifier/s (Quantities and Rectifier Brand/Model Number)
  • PFC MOSFETs and PFC Boost Diodes (Quantities and Transistor/Diode Brand/Model Number)
  • Bulk Capacitors (Total Rating, Brand/Series, Capacitance) and Tested Hold-up Time
  • Primary Topology, LLC (if any), and Main Switchers (Type, Quantities and Brand/Model Number)
  • PFC Controller, Resonant Controller, and other Regulators
SECONDARY CIRCUIT COMPONENTS
  • Output Rectification Topology and DC-to-DC (if any)
  • +12V Output Rectifier, if SBR and/or MOSFET-based (Quantities and Brand/Model Number)
  • +3.3V and +5V Output (Quantities and Brand/Model Number)
  • Filtering Capacitors (Brand/Series, Quantities, Types)
+5VSB CIRCUIT
  • Output Rectifiers and Standby PWM Controller (Brand/Model Number)
PROTECTIONS
  • Supervisor IC (Brand/Model Number)
  • NLO, SIP, SCP, OCP, OPP, OTP, OVP, UVP (including tested ratings)
  • C6/C7 Sleep States
FAN COOLING & NOISE
  • Fan Size, Bearing Type, and Brand/Model Specifications
  • Fan Operation (if Semi-Passive)
  • LAMBDA Noise Rating
DC OUTPUT SOCKETS
  • Socket Quantities for MB, CPU, PCIE/VGA, and SATA/PERIF.
  • Other Special Output Sockets or Features
CONNECTORS & CABLES
  • ATX (MB) (Quantity, Cable Length, Wire Size, In-line Capacitor)
  • EPS12V/ATX12V (CPU) (Quantity, Pin-Types, Cable Length and Plug Spacing, Wire Size, In-line Capacitor)
  • PCI-E (VGA/GPU) (Quantity, Pin-Types, Cable Length and Plug Spacing, Wire Size, In-line Capacitor)
  • SATA (Peripheral) (Quantity, Cable Length and Plug Spacing, Wire Size)
  • Molex (Peripheral) (Quantity, Cable Length and Plug Spacing, Wire Size)
  • Cable Types (Color, Material)
  • Other Connectors
PRODUCT INFORMATION, REVIEWS, AND RATINGS
  • Link to Official Product/Manufacturer Website
  • Ratings from different professional review sites (including scores/verdicts)
The table was created 01 November 2017 and was only uploaded after 1.5 years of initial research/compilation of data and photo editing. As of this posting, it is still a work-in-progress (update history below will be updated from time to time). All information were researched and verified to the best of my ability based on manufacturer's data and reviews, if there are discrepancies/errors, let me know so I can immediately rectify the mistake.

It may take me a while to complete this whole list (am doing this on my free time), so, kindly check back for more updates (especially on some info not yet provided and other products not yet included). Thanks and hope these information helps a lot.

Last edited:
Update History:

2019-05-21
  • Added eighty-two (82) FSP models (Aurum 92+, Aurum S, Aurum PT, Cannon, Dagger, Hammer, HD, Hexa, Hexa 85+, Hexa+, Hexa+ II, Hydro, Hydro G, Hydro GD, Hydro GE, Hydro MX, Hydro PT, Hydro PTM, Hydro PTM+, Hydro X, Hyn, Hyper K, Hyper M, Hyper M85+, Hyper S, New Hexa+, Raider II, and Twins).
  • Total PSU models listed = 873
2019-05-20
  • Added thirty (30) Antec models (High Current Pro Platinum, High Current Gamer Extreme, High Current Gamer Gold/Bronze, Earthwatts Gold Pro, Neo ECO Classic/Modular, VP Plus, and VP Series).
  • Total PSU models listed = 791
2019-05-19
  • Added seventy-five (75) Thermaltake models (Toughpower Grand Gold/Platinum, Toughpower Grand RGB Gold/Platinum, Toughpower GX1 Gold, Toughpower GX1 RGB Gold, Toughpower DPS, Toughpower DPS G Platinum, Toughpower DPS G RGB Gold, Toughpower DPS G RGB Titanium, Smart, Smart BX1, Smart Bronze/M Bronze, Smart DPS G Bronze/Gold, Smart SE/Gold, Smart RGB, Smart Pro RGB Bronze, Munich, Hamburg, and Berlin).
  • Total PSU models listed = 761
2019-05-18
  • Added twenty-eight (28) Thermaltake models (Toughpower Gold/Modular, TR2 Bronze, TR2 Gold, TR2 S series, Toughpower iRGB Plus Titanium/Platinum, and the new Toughpower iRGB Plus Gold).
  • Total PSU models listed = 686
2019-05-17
  • Added two (2) new Corsair 2019 models (AX850 and AX1000).
  • Added ten (10) be quiet! models (Pure Power 11).
  • Updated information (EOL and EOL-A) for older models not available in the market anymore.
  • Total PSU models listed = 658
2019-05-09
  • Added four (4) new Seasonic models (S12III-650, S12III-550, S12III-500, and S12III-450).
  • Total PSU models listed = 646
2019-05-03
  • Added PSU models from be quiet! (Dark Power Pro, Power Zone, Pure Power, Straight Power, and System Power)
  • Added PSU models from BitFenix (BPA, Formula, Fury, and Whisper)
  • Added PSU models from Corsair (AX, AXi, CSM, CX, CXM, GS, HX, HXi, RM, RMi, RMx, TX, TXM, Vengeance, VS, and VX)
  • Added PSU models from EVGA (B1, B2, B3, BQ, BR, BT, BV, Classified SR-2, GQ, N1, NEXB, NEXG, SuperNOVA G1, SuperNOVA G1+, SuperNOVA G2, SuperNOVA G2L, SuperNOVA G3, SuperNOVA GS, SuperNOVA P2, SuperNOVA PQ, SuperNOVA PS, SuperNOVA T2, and W1)
  • Added PSU models from Fractal Design (Newton, and Tesla)
  • Added PSU models from Seasonic (ECO Plus, Focus, Focus Plus, G, M12, M12II, M12II EVO, M12D, S12, S12II, S12D, S12E, S12E+, S12G, Prime, Prime Air Touch, Prime Snow Silent, Prime Ultra, Platinum, Platinum Fanless, Snow Silent, and X)
  • Added PSU models from Silverstone (Decathlon, Element, Essential, Nightjar, Olympia, SFX, Strider, Strider Essential, Strider Gold, Strider Gold Evolution, Strider Gold S, Strider Platinum, Strider Plus, Strider Titanium, and Zeus)
  • Total PSU models listed = 642
2017-11-01
  • Spreadsheet created.

Last edited:
Amazing list!
Could you please add VENGEANCE Series™ 650M — 650 Watt 80 PLUS® Silver Certified PSU? The silver 2018 model
Thank you!
The newer 2018 Vengeance M series (Silver) has been in the list, you might have missed it (as I haven't edited the photos yet). The PSU in question is listed in the table as:

Corsair Vengeance 650M (2018) (RPS0105 / 75-003440 / CP-9020175)

There are a couple basic info (and a review link), but detailed component specs are not yet available as of this time.

Reactions: Banned by Net
Oct 24, 2015
Thank you!
The newer 2018 Vengeance M series (Silver) has been in the list, you might have missed it (as I haven't edited the photos yet). The PSU in question is listed in the table as:

There are a couple basic info (and a review link), but detailed component specs are not yet available as of this time.
Thank you!

That's what I meant, its specs are blank :X everybody's putting in on tier A but there are no reviews as to why, so I thought your list could help..

Viprex

BANNED
May 16, 2019
I created an account just to show my gratitude to this post. The amount of effort this takes is tremendous, especially out of your free time.
This is what the PC building community needs. It's a great start to draw people away from the stupidly subjective "tiers".

I created an account just to show my gratitude to this post. The amount of effort this takes is tremendous, especially out of your free time.
This is what the PC building community needs. It's a great start to draw people away from the stupidly subjective "tiers".
Many thanks for dropping by and posting a message. I truly appreciate it! Glad that the table helps enormously to those who are in need. Thanks also for creating an account! Welcome to Tom's Hardware and hope you will enjoy your stay here :)

MoreMoneyThanSense

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
So people seem to have mixed opinions on seasonic focus units.

Something about very high ripple with no real fix.

I seem to like them since they offer good value (not double forward atleast) but the 40c temp rating isnt anything grand.

adnan_16a2

Prominent
Apr 13, 2019
Thanks for the hard work and the effort you put in this.
There are some Deepcool PSUs out too. Please add them in the list too.

tom2u

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
What do you use to view this list? When I use latest Chrome and Firefox on Win7 I can't change the zoom. Its like a snapshot of the top part of this long list. Also tried Opera 12 and XN View. I downloaded it (htm file) then opened it with these different programs.

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
I would also like to see deepcool aswell.

I believe most deepcools are meh.

DQ-M is very good (CWT GPU, like Bitfenix Whisper and Enermax Revo DF). Older Quanta DQ is decent, uses CWT PUO & PUQ platforms but you wouldn't see it being sold today probably. DQ-ST, CWT GPS based, is decent budget platform too (for like 60$ maybe). Pretty much everything else are group regulated, so yeah, not good.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
How can download file?

Please update list... company Green power supplies are not listed
Can look here as well,
some Green psu's are mentioned in this list.

Status
Not open for further replies.